BOTs permacamping nameds in AB...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Voktar, Jun 26, 2020.

1. disclose Buffz, slowz, & healz.

If it's really an issue, DBG/DPG could implement an anti-cheat system that scanned for the processes/dll files/exes running for the automated program. Just like other online games use. Without disturbing how the game runs or how others play. They could use all the income they're seeing from these botters. But face the facts, these companies don't care otherwise it would be implemented already.
  2. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

They don't give a nats a$$.
  3. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Ive seen that group always there when I was on my heroic rog looks for shinies. Figured they were that powerleveling group that's always be said in general/baz/ect. EQ would be nicer though without botters I cant stand them or people who use auto pricing in the baz makes me :(

Andarriel
  4. dreadlord Augur

'Our' AB botter has at least 3 new groups parading around PoK last night.
    Do we really just have to keep being driven out zone by zone until something is done about this?
    There is nothing subtle or covert going on here.
    Any GM worth their proverbial salt could fix it in a couple of hours
  5. cadres Augur

The Bots have been out in force in GD all week
    Then suddenly disappeared this evening
    There were rumours of a GM 'following various groups in ToV' - can only hope it's true
    Very happy to have had at least a couple of hours playing for the 1st time in a week
    Thunderkiks and Duder like this.
  6. dreadlord Augur

It's been a lovely few days on AB!
    *All* the bot groups miraculously disappeared
    Almost all the bazaar bots and their automated pricing disappeared!
    I understand videos of automated gameplay and reports of some pretty vicious harrassment had been submitted - we assumed they'd been banned

Not so
    They're back.
    Within an hour of being back, they bullied a friend's group out of GD, they hadn't event finished rezzing all their corpses

Can we do something properly/permanently about this??
  7. Shanarias Augur

When the market they are trying to dominate dries up, they will go away. don't buy their stuff, and especially their Kronos.
  8. svann Augur

Didnt read all 5 pages, but did you try asking him to share the camp? I know that may seem awkward, but it IS the official policy.