Bots camped in Sathir's Tomb on Povar

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Aug 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Windance Augur

What is your XP rate with out vitality? 7-9%/ hr is what I normally get with my group in Keal.
  2. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

BTW is there a "best way" to get through HS to Sathir's Tomb? I tried to solo flop through HS but that didn't work out well. Maybe divine aura run through I suppose just wondering if there's something I'm missing thanks.
  3. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

EQ is a strange game and the comparisons we make are even stranger when we factor out or more properly failed to factor in things like dps capacities of higher geared\AA'd characters versus some "casual average." Also things like classes that do well in undead concentration of mobs also needs to be factored in.

I watch some streamers, just for example, of boxed groups with a well geared tank(was a guy from TR guild) and some lesser geared alts. Their group dps hovered around 200 to 250 on a good run. In contrast to my paladin who alone in GD can pull 300ish dps per mob by himself..... my box group routinely pulls 500 to 700k dps with undead mobs. But it still goes slow for me. I still have alts crawling through 113 and 114. To add to it further, if you add in real players(well geared\AA) times 2 maybe into my box group dps skyrockets as those players follow the ABCs of their class rule(always be casting)....1k dps sustained plus. Add in two real players with average group stuff or a few limited raid items and maybe 20k to 30k AA and dps goes up a little but not to cover the addition of one real raid guild player with the best AA and gear.

In other....too many variables. When the devs put in the big time hell levels(at least in reference to 113 and 114) they created alot of problems for leveling for most of the playerbase. This is why people think "TOV exp is bad." But I understand and myself have experienced the counterargument for gear\AA'd people who go to TOFs and rip stuff up.

At the end of the day we need\want\hope for balance for all player groups.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  4. Sissruukk Rogue One

Either have a Mage set up to CotH you down, or get a friendly neighborhood rogue to drag/rez you down at the zone line. I don't think DA will last you the entire run.
    Deux likes this.
  5. Cicelee Augur

33 mobs in 30 minutes is not really the norm for the casual group. I do think a lot of high end raiders feel that their experiences should be exactly the same as casuals, and that is just not true.

Whulfgar also did not mention who the other four members of his group was. I remember at one point in TOV I joined him, his shaman, and his three berserkers. Which, again, is not the normal casual group makeup.

Having said all of that, there has always been multiple ways to XP. There has always been one "efficient" zone or camp where if you are there you can maximize XP. But not every person out there can be at that one camp in that one zone whenever they feel like it. People sometimes are so focused on the end result, they forget to just relax and enjoy the journey.
    Buster_Shruggs and Whulfgar like this.
  6. Whulfgar Augur

Whulf, Zerker, Zerker, Wizard, Druid, Shammy was the grp setup. So even synergy was not helping in this grp as it berely fired off.

So I placed tanks of the other grps near me on my ext tar window. And watched them kill they were killing slightly faster then I was. (8 mobs downed .. then had 4 ish min of down time per cycle, which is when I was watching them)
  7. Whulfgar Augur

I freely admit my experience may not be the norm. But neither is it so far removed that its outta the realm of reality for A L O T .. of players.

Faster then casuals ? Depends on who the casuals are. There are Multi layers of .. said casual players just as there are multi layer's of raiders .. I know people in my own guild who yes, their in a hard core raid guild .. yet have a casual mentality of EQ is my fun time .. even on raids .. an you can SEE it in their game play.
  8. seber Augur

why ever one think need be max aa and xp 1week after new stuff drop ???
  9. aozs Augur

There's also the fact that ToV mobs have 2-3x the HP while player DPS has increased by ~50% going from 110-115 (based on my observations with melee and wizard groups). And considering many key AAs and spells aren't unlocked until 115, you'll be doing closer to 110 levels of DPS while grinding, so it can feel pretty slow.

My kill rate in GMM at 110 farming AAs was about 80% higher than my kill rate in ToFS at 115. Considering per-mob AA gain at 115 is only slightly higher, that means the AA'ing is quite a bit slower in ToV.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  10. Lilura Augur

What I do:

1) Kill the two golems to the south
    2) Have the mage invis, then have the cleric ITU. Nothing will see the mage now
    3) Run to the ST zone line (which I know by heart), group COTH, voila
    4) Enter ST, dispense maximum ownage.

BTW the bot group is gone.
    Deux and Buster_Shruggs like this.
  11. Razorfall Augur

It depends on the casual group and the mobs you're killing. If you have good synergy and adps you should be able to accomplish that and then some. Even on my group geared SK I am pulling 6-8 at a time at the laima camp and killing mobs within a minute each.

With a raid-geared group with a mezzer on my semi-raid geared pally, oh boy, I'm basically pulling the whole laima camp, then 15-20 mobs at a time from the other rooms (sometimes more because they like to warp down there). About 30 seconds a kill.

Tier 2 mobs....not so much. They hurt a lot more so I usually end up pulling enough for mez and not much else just in case.
  12. Dropfast Augur

DA can last just long enough but only if your run fast ( selo helps), know the way and don't get hung up on anything.

Another strat that many probably don't know is to jetpack / rocketboots to the ledge with the missing bridge puts you WAY closer to the ST zone line. You will however mostly likely get smacked by the golems when you land. Any class with a good defensive ability can just hoof it real fast after landing and be fine. Their has also been times where I moved into the hallway fast enough so that the golems didn't agroo. It's not a flawless strat by any means but it's worked for me before.
    Deux likes this.
  13. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

I ran right between the ent golems and they didn't aggro which surprised me (my first visit). IVU'd after that and got about half way splatted before I could get FD off.
  14. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

And anyone that thinks there is something wrong with 7-9% level exp per hour needs to get a reality check. Seems perfectly fair to me.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  15. Mazame Augur

Ok to make the ST run your going South from the zone in. At the start the 2 golems that see invis. to get past these 2 you can do any of the following.

1st Kill them .. I know who would have thought but they are kill able and if you can't kill them then you should re think why your going to ST in the first place.
    2nd you can CC them .. this can me Mez / blur , root / blur etc anything to lock them in place as you go past.
    3rd option and this is the most fun IMO is to punt them off the edge and then fade. Many classes have a punt and dropping them down to the pit makes them taken time to get back into place, this give you the time needed to get past.

Step 2: once your past the golems you need to invis. you can do this in 2 different ways
    1st = cast both invis and IvU This is the safest way to then go to the ST zone
    2nd IvU only = This will work but you need to be mindful of the Danger spots I marked them in Red below. They have oozes / Gnawer mobs that will see past your IvU . you can avoid them if you know they are there and wait on them to walk away

Now to get a group to ST vs just you solo you can use a few tricks.
    1. Double invis a mage to run and then CoTH your group.
    2. IvU group to The blue area below then have one person move to the yellow area. The corners are close that you can drop a camp fire. Please not there is one roamer in the yellow area. so have the person there tell you when to click and you can poof over. If your wick you can re-invis if not you fight one mob.
    3. would be to have everyone die and a rog drag them and res them at the ST zone line.

The very best way to get there imo is to simply Grind your way there. Your going there for xp why not start getting xp sooner by killing your way to the zone.
  16. Mazame Augur

Bah wont let me post the pic showing the danger zones.
  17. Natal Augur

Giants have a lot more hp, so don't kill them if you are farming xp, lol.

If you are worried about other groups in GD just get instances. There is easy white con trash in those as well.

There are many places to farm xp though. The OP is bummed because someone else is parked in his favorite spot, but there are many other places he could go to instead. He chooses not to, and instead sees complaining as a more productive option.
  18. Sazxus New Member

"There are many places to farm xp though. The OP is bummed because someone else is parked in his favorite spot, but there are many other places he could go to instead. He chooses not to, and instead sees complaining as a more productive option."

If it were real players enjoying the game in a spot he wanted to XP in, than Ya tough luck . But if its a Bot group Keeping real players for enjoying the game so they can sell PL, and or farm rares Than he has every right to complain. These bot groups are running rampant in the game and seemingly going uncheck by DB.
    It doesn't kill the experience of EQ for me but it definitely cheapens it. It's certainty annoying to go to GD and have to cycle through 3 picks to possibly find a desirable grind camp because of automated bot groups.
  19. Tappin Augur

There aren’t many good exp spots in ToV. It really sucks to find all the good stuff camped and not enough players for a pick. However, I don’t think that is a player issue, rather an issue development. I understand they are using old zones, but would that hard make sure the content is both manageable and sufficient for the amount players allowed in the zone? In terms of mob density, ToV is one of the worse to date.
  20. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Im thinking you probably got your use with overseer and have no use for it now is what im thinking. Lots you can do with overseer and yea to people sure you can level to 115 with overseer but it takes a long time to do it i know because ive done it with a few chars although now im just concentrating on collections for my main which works out nicely. Im thinking eq is never gonna do anything against botter which is sad. The death of eq will be the botters in fact when its near the end the only ones that will be playing eq are the botters!

Andarriel

btw overseer is fun gems SUCKS !
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.