Confirmed Boss Credit Not Granted

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by FranktheBank, Jul 15, 2020.

1. FranktheBank Augur

There has been an ongoing bug where if you are zoning or respawning from death during an event completion, you are not given credit.

Here is an example, my guild just defeated the final boss of RoF. I was zoning after dying during the moment the encounter registered complete. Below is a screenshot of me getting the achievement from a guildmate's screen.
    [IMG]

I didn't actually receive that achievement, because I was zoning at the time.

A few issues this causes are;
    1. If you are in a situation where you are the first guild 'beating' the expansion on a server, you do not get your exclusive title - I know this is not a huge deal for most people, it's more icing.
    2. If you are in the expansions that have raid-wide currency, you do not get your currency.
    3. If it's a flagging raid, you do not get flagging credit.
    4. Perhaps the biggest one, you will not be able to loot anything for the boss/chest, because the game does not view you as have completed the encounter.
    We have tried kicking people from the DZ/Task and re-adding and having them relog. We have found no workarounds for this bug.
    The easy fix people could say is "don't be zoning" which we try to call it in discord. The problem is that if you are dead, you are on a clock until the game respawns you and forces a zone. Also, in a very tough fight, sometimes have folks run back during the fight is the difference between winning and losing.
    My ask is for the devs to either fix this bug or give us a way to workaround it. It really sucks for people's partial/entire raid nights to be invalidated because of a bug and be given zero recourse on how to fix it.
    Thank you.
  2. haaaalp Augur

Don't die
  3. Tierdal Augur

Helpful and well reasoned response. /sarcasm.

This really should be looked into. And if it can't be fixed GMs should be empowered to look at logs and manually fix.
    Innyman and Zunnoab like this.
  4. Pelrond Elder

The first one wasn't funny but at least it was first. Everything after that is just embarrassing.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Troll fail, you're no longer losing your edge, you lost it & it's rusty af. You were beaten to the punchline by hours.

I think the fix could be to have something like an NPC that can check your lockout timer & see you have beaten the event & fix your achieve so it matches the rest of the DZ participants for that DZ number.
  6. Conq Augur

This bug has been around for YEARS. It needs fixing. Please no more new "fixes" until some of the old fixes get work? So no more nerfing inventory windows and subscription information, no new Overseer systems, no new luck stats...just fix some old ? OH and the raid tool! Thx.
    Conq
  7. Lateryn Augur

If you think about it, this is all kinds of silly. How does being in the process of zoning literally make the game think you are not there at all in any fashion. So you miss loot, the LO and any currency, titles etc.What kind of janky coding does that. Any kind of log system shows the character there fighting and dying by said encounter though. And worse its a problem with EQ code yet the CS department will do nothing at all if you are effected by it, their response is basically "go do the raid again". And this problem has been around for years(it affects every player). I would honestly rather see a "Sorry we have no clue how to fix it" or "Our code is so spaghetti we can't fix it" then the outright blank refusal to admit its a problem that DPG currently use.
  8. FranktheBank Augur

I agree. I understand that it's probably a difficult fix on the tech side, so give us a way to fix it or get it handled.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

So like the first post!
    dreamweaver likes this.
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

I'm wondering if they could do something like they did in PoP with planar projections. Have something spawn on death you could hail that will check that achievement for you (if it's not already checked) and give you the associated bonuses (currency, etc.), and if you hail it already having the ach, you get nothing. Have it stick around for a certain number of hails and then despawn.
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Drakang Augur

Its even worse now. If you have 50 people in the raid and get the Win. Somebody that is zoning will not get coin or credit. If you drop that person from the raid and add them back they do not get the coin and cannot loot from the chest.

However, if you add an alt to come in for loot they will get the coin until you hit 54 awards.
    Wulfhere likes this.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Something you can do to help prevent this as you get close to the kill instruct people stop zoning if they are not in the zone as well as don't re-spawn from hover mode as a way to try and prevent the bug from happening. In most cases unless someone has really bad zoning times it should be possible to make sure no one is zoning before you complete the event.
  13. FranktheBank Augur

Yeah.

So, you either call for folks to click respawn and hope they finish zoning in time or call for them to stay dead and hope the timer doesnt run out.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If you have people who have been dead for 5 minutes are and auto re-spawning back at their bind points that could be easily fixed by taking advantage of druid/shaman call (or omm rez clicky) and paladin rez as well.
  15. Zunnoab Augur

It's not a current event but it reminded me of this:
    This can easily happen with the Field of Scale raid, Jaled'Dar's sacrifice if I recall the name. The event zones you upon completion. I brought two newer characters to it. One got credit, and the other did not. They wisely do not use the task system for raids anymore but I suspect it's the same issue.

People posted workarounds and ideas to try to avoid it, but it's still a serious bug.
  16. Innyman New Member

This just happened to me on The Heart of Fear: An End to Fear. My guild killed the final boss while I was zoning and I didn't receive any achievement, player flag, or currency. Apparently this is already a known bug and goes beyond this particular mission. I just wanted to add another example of this bug occurring.
  17. Alnitak Augur

I have seen this "bug" even in group missions. I saw it many times and it can be repeated consistently.
    Here is the script of this bug: When doing Zlandicar after the win the chest pops and it's a good time to do TA or whatelse.

Well, if a character get the TA and enters the instance via saying "ready" to Watcher in WW, then this person can loot from the chest when it is opened. If the character enters the instance via some direct zoning in: fellowship campfire or a ressurection - then this character can not loot the chest, it gets the message "you can loot that chest at this time". Using advanced loot or not, after chest fully unlocks or not, member of the group or not, being present at chest opening or not - still no loot permission.

My guess is that it's related to incorrect handling of zoneing-in flag: when you enter the instance via quest NPC dialog - you are properly flagged, if other meant to enter used - no flag for you. And I guess it's he same flagging issue affecting raid bug.
  18. Agorero New Member

It almost seems silly to add to this or any thread on this topic. The problem of not getting credit or mission or task credit if you happen to be zoning when the final objective is completed goes back to the start of group tasks as part of the game. The issue is that the Daybreak response (and probably Sony if it goes back that far, I don't recall when group tasks were introduced) has always been "we know about it, but there's nothing we can do about it, it's just the way the game works". Pretty much the GM response I've gotten for two end of xpac raids that I, and a few others got the same, who were respawning so we could come back in via guild standard and keep zerging. It's simply a ridiculous statement, and unbelievable, that over years, probably over a decade, no one has come up with a fix that looks at who's flagged into the DZ rather than who's showing as in a specific zone (rather than the limbo of zoning) at the moment the task completes. Of all the complaints that I hear from long time players, and friends who've decided to leave the game, this one comes up as among the top reasons. It's not a minor issue if it happens to anywhere from one to half a dozen people out of almost every raid.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  19. FranktheBank Augur

I still don't have the title :)

edit: lol necro thread, someone liked it and baited me