Bonus XP, Rare Spawns & Lockout Reduction: Nov 11 - Nov 16

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Agrippa Augur

To be fair, I would absolutely love the option to level slowly or not at all on any server, but the fact is that you level so damn fast on live servers that you can't crawl through a dungeon one time or hope to camp an item before you'd completely outlevel the zones. A simple fix that I suggested would be to allow AA experience from first level, as with the 25 and 100 expendable AAs, one could level at their own pace or not at all. But god forbid that they fix the broken experience on live servers.
  2. Arksa New Member

We choose to pay to play in that environment. We did not pay to become second class citizens. If I'm going to continue to pay for TLP's, then I'd like to get a lil love here and there. (realistically, we have various amounts of time to play, I was 42 when EQ came out. I'm pushing 60.) The people that hit max in a week obviously have no such issues...
  3. Metanis Bad Company

I camped 2 named on the top floor of Arx for about 3 hours early this evening and never saw a named spawn one time. Obviously this is anecdotal but if they increased rare spawn rate it must not be by very much.
  4. chronicler Augur

I cannot help Wonder each time there is less rare spawn that people feél Down. I mean, tiny chance for spawn will still be tine with increased chance.
  5. Gerzer Lorekeeper

There has been a method to keep from out leveling a particular level range and its corresponding content for years.....

Die and don't rez. Even better let a Necro sac you from 95% into level down to 20%

Its really pretty easy to keep yourself in content you love. Folks I used to play with purposely used to sac ourselves to stay right at 70...had all the 'leet' 70 raid gear and did all the misisons, but kept the relative challenge up by maintaining lvl 70.

As a matter of fact, there are guilds on several servers that do just this. You are not allowed into a raid with them if you let a toon get to high. They want to experience the content as intended. Want a challenge....go do Tacvi at 65 rather than 70 like 99% of players wound up doing
  6. Kravitz Augur

My guess is about 25% spawn rate increase during this week. So if a namer has a 8% chance to spawn, which would seem about right for Arx (since respawn timer is about 5-6 minutes globally in the zone), then it is 8 x 1.25 = 10% chance currently.

Those numbers are made up but I'm pretty sure namer spawn rate in Arx is set really low because of how fast respawn is in that zone.
  7. Kegwell Lurker since '99

Dude, they sell expansions to keep people playing live. TLP is for people that are bored on live, have nothing left to do on live, can't hack live (/waves), or don't have the funds to pay for live...
    I guess it's good for nostalgia too.
    But to think you are supporting anything other than "all access" is silly. Your subscription isn't for EQ, it's not for TLP on EQ, it's for ALL ACCESS to all the games.
    Bandien likes this.
  8. Bartoss Journeyman

Can TLP get some love? You guys gave Ragefire bonus XP the day of their Kunark love, why cant Lockjaw get something like this?
  9. Risiko Augur

Not true at all. A lot of people play on TLP servers instead of live servers because they prefer the way the game played 15 years ago over how it plays today. Modern EQ is very, very different then old EQ. It stops being old EQ sometime after Omens of War expansion.
  10. Kegwell Lurker since '99

You mean because modern EQ is too complicated for them.

If you REALLY mean that people WANT to play like 15 years ago, why are they accepting all the non classic changes on these servers. I never had focus items, had to do corpse recoveries, didn't have a raid tool, maps, melee damage adjustments, augmentations, exp potions etc etc etc.?
    Kravitz, Elricvonclief and Bandien like this.
  11. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

TLP looks nothing like classic.
    Kravitz and Elricvonclief like this.
  12. Risiko Augur

Typical broad statements that most trolls use when arguing against old style EQ.

Just because we prefer content where CC, pulling, splitting, slowing and charming matters does NOT mean we are against things like in game maps, parcel vendors, etc. Stop being a troll.
  13. Bandien Elder

TLP is not old style EQ. It is the new code formatted on a special server to provide you with a "classic experience."

Next time you call someone a troll, make sure you check what the OP said about this thread specifically not involving the TLP server. They have a forum for that server all in itself.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  14. Risiko Augur

Again you didn't bother to actually use logic when reading my reply.

The CONTENT is Old EQ. That's what matters idiot.
  15. Bandien Elder

:D Thanks for the laugh.
  16. Bandien Elder

If you think I don't understand your "logic" still, here is food for thought. That content you call Old EQ, is also on the live servers /gasp!

So I will repeat, thank you for the laugh.
  17. Silv Augur

Instead of hitting 60 in one day on RF it took people two on LJ. Do you really need an XP bonus?

For the people complaining that TLP servers don't receive the bonuses associated with the new xpac... are you even buying the new xpac for starters? Even then, you are paying a sub for a special service; that's why you have to pay. TLP gets it's own special code, attention, and changes that have NOTHING to do with Live. That requires dev time *just* for your two servers. Acting like you're entitled to the same stuff Live gets is quite hilarious. If you want Live bonuses play on Live.
  18. Elricvonclief Augur

How did this get turned into a TLP thread?

I do appreciate the bonus XP, the alt isn't maxed yet!
  19. Bradford99336 New Member

WHY DOES LAUNCHPAD CLOSE HALFWAY THRU AND WILL NOT LET ME PLAY FOR 3 DAYS NOW!!! EXP BONUS IS WASTING AWAY AND I CANT LOGIN DUE TO SOME UNKNOWN ISSUE THAT NOBODY SEEMS TO CARE ABOUT!!!! WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF
  20. Bradford99336 New Member

can someone please help this is ridicilous, nobody will respond or help. launchpad suddenly closes without error message or anything, it wont load or update or filescan, it just closes down. havent changed a dam thing on my pc and 3 days ago it just decided it wasnt going to work anymore. i can run it on my kids user account on my laptop, but change back to my user account and just keeps closing. its the same files between both user accounts so why can 1 work and the other NOT. PLEASE HELP 3 days is a long time to wait for help but 4 or 5 is