Bonus XP is great. Thank you but.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xiss, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Xiss Journeyman

As I say, thank you for the bonus so weekend. Really good and all.

However, some of us work in emergency services, or retail, or on support and don't get chance to play at weekends as we're on call or duty or whatever.

I don't suppose there's a way that you could do some sort of claim to get the bonus xp as a pot or something sometime to reward us too?

Not a complaint at all, just a polite request.

Ta!
  2. Elskidor Augur

Requests like this have been around for well over a decade on the few games I play but never seen a trial solution. Probably hard to code and it would need to be restricted. Maybe if it's a two day XP event the account can choose when to activate it for those two days, but you could not have more than one.
  3. Lonestar Elder

Maybe even the use of the vitality bar. So much of vitality is filled so that if you play you are rewarded with the exp. Maybe exp bonus are live for everyone but a set decent rate of vitality is added to all characters that are paying customers.
    I have always thought loyalty points should be claimed for vitality. Boosting experience gain for those that are loyal would help and be beneficial for someone like me that has grown and gained a family with less time to play. Like a vitality potion.
  4. Smokezz The Bane Crew

People would simply save it for expansion launches... which is the time they don't want it used.
    Coagagin likes this.
  5. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Seems like a pretty simple thing to put a time limit on.
  6. Quatr Augur

I guess the easiest way to implement it would be to give everyone an XP potion that would be valid for 7 or 10 days.
  7. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Every time an inch is given, you can be certain that Forum-Quest posts will pop up with numerous people brainstorming ways to stretch it into a mile.
  8. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Sup pot?
    GoneFission and Frogmancer like this.
  9. Xiss Journeyman

Not about an inch being given and taking a mile, just asking for that inch maybe to be given fairly to the guys and gals who give up their weekends to serve those of you lucky enough to work mon-fri. Maybe just once in a while give a tues-fri bonus?
    IceSy, Rorce, Playful and 2 others like this.
  10. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

I'm all for this. I'd love to see the the Mon-Fri majority go "REEEEEEEE" and throw their tantrums. Forum-Quest tears give me sustenance.
  11. Ghubuk Augur

Sure, just ignore us retired persons. Just once would be nice to see a Mon - Sun bonus.
    Just in case....:)
  12. Raltar Augur

So you work 48 hours straight then? I work weekends as well but I still have plenty of time to enjoy the bonus exp.
  13. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Why not just run the bonus for a week?
  14. Riou EQResource

There will be another bonus EXP weekend for Labor day weekend too :p
    eqgamer likes this.
  15. shep569 Journeyman

I think the potions would work nicely for the downtime if you are "not" max aa.... For me, and I know a major group of the EQ community - We'd prefer the compensation for the days lost to Patches, Down time and such - Because Days played are more important than the XP award... They shouldve awarded 2 days free play for all accounts, which is 100% fair for their patch screw ups... XP is not a reward to those who dont need xp.
  16. Kindred Journeyman

all accounts, even those that aren't subbed? They don't deserve it.
  17. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

The beatings will continue until morale improves.
  18. Febb Augur

They really should just give everyone a few 50% bonus exp potions during these bonus periods so they can use them whenever they want. When people log in, it pops up to claim until the bonus period ends.
  19. Monkman Augur

Be happy you get anything at all. Double exp isn’t a reward for most of us who’ve been playing all expansion.

If you’re going to compensate folks at all please vary the rewards.
  20. Sancus Augur

With the new glyph prices I beg to differ!
    eqgamer and Yinla like this.