bonus rares

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hekaton, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Hekaton Augur

suspicious at best. spawn rate on namers still seems unbonusy
    Andarriel, Elyssanda, Chaffe and 3 others like this.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Many named are on a fractional percentage spawn chance.

If you double a 0.1% chance, you now have a 0.2% chance.
  3. Hekaton Augur

its not my first bonus exp day. seems like they're just spawning regular
    minimind likes this.
  4. Trebla7th Augur

What nameds are confirmed to have less than 1% chance of spawning? Or for that matter any non-integer chance (as their base chance)? The lowest I'm aware of (with confirmation) is 1% on various mobs.

Granted twice 1% is still exceptionally rare.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

There always seems to be ONE mob in a zone that isn't being affected by the bonus spawn rate.

It just so happens that it's ALWAYS that one mob you're trying to get to pop. :D
    minimind likes this.
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I was just grabbing numbers out of thin air to get my point across. Nowhere in my post did I claim a 0.1% spawn chance on anything.
  7. Allworth Elder

When both Mischief and Thornblade launched I recall that more rares were spawning as was promised. But in the last month, I feel that rares are back to their old pre-Mischief TLP spawn rates. For example, I killed about 500+ Seafury Cyclops last week before the EXP bonus in OOT and not once did the Ancient Cyclops spawn. When the server opened, the AC was spawning almost every 10 minutes.

I have a feeling that the devs have stealth nerfed the Mischief rules rare spawns perhaps as way to mitigate the mudflation that is going on. While I can't prove it, it's something that I am starting to believe happened.
  8. Sindace Elder

King Xorbb for one. Lucky to have it at .1%. Several old school nameds in norrath are under 1%. Probably a few of the five in the field of bone. Likely some more in Jaggedpine- looking at GoldenTalon specifically. I'm missing 16-18 nameds in the first 6 expansions, nameds are not remotely even.

Take that .1% for Xorbb, then add 50% to it, and get .15%. Is that noticeable? No. No it's not. Taking 4% chance to a 6% chance, again, not noticeable. Bonus periods are far more nifty for higher spawn chance rares than it is for super rare hunters. +50% to Morwenna Undertow and get nameds for days. +50% to a 1% named and get 1.5% and make posts on forums complaining about bonuses.
  9. scaethach Scholar

Definitely noticed this too. I've participated in many hunter raids during bonus days in the past and this round is terribly slow across the board. For example EOK named in HAs I'd expect to see in the first or second clear, we're on 7 with nothing - just seems beyond bad RNG.
    Chaffe likes this.
  10. Hekaton Augur

i'm going through old SOD zones with no one in them and hitting every namer spawn location. they are just not spawning faster as ive seen. been a ruek the portal tender for a few hours with his 5 phs and no spawn
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

LDON named are slower than the other bonus rares we have had. Previously there would be named in every LDON I did usually 2 or 3, this time I'm seeing 0, 1s and 2s no 3s.

My last named is evading me so far.
  12. Aanuvane Augur

I'll jump on this band wagon - working on some hunters in SoD as well and I'm not seeing favorable spawn rates. I'd hate to see what the spawn rates are in Kaesora Library and Bloody Kith without the bonus.
  13. Izzard of Bertox Augur

If you are having a hard time with spawning a Rare MOB, give that zone a rest for a while. Go back later. Some MOBs require brute force to spawn. Get help and clear the zone. Don't count on Bonus Rare days; the "bonus" is laughable.
  14. Sindace Elder

Absolutely. Sometimes the bonus is 100%, sometimes 76%, sometimes 50%. This is 50%. Things will be slower than other bonuses. It's still a bonus.
  15. Velisaris_MS Augur

Adding 50% to an infinitesimally small chance to spawn is STILL an infinitesimally small chance to spawn. "Bonus rares" has always felt like a scam.

I'd rather they just bump the chance for ALL rares to spawn up to like 25% or something...something that's actually noticeable. Or increase the chance to spawn on a scale based on how old the expansion is...for example, rares in original EQ would spawn 75% of the time, but rares in the current expansion would only spawn like 3% of the time, or whatever.
  16. Elemental Augur

Kill mobs faster
  17. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Many tin foil hats, there are.

Bonus seems fine to me. Finished two CoV hunter zones in two hours last night on Live.
  18. Allworth Elder

So anyone that has a different opinion than you is wearing a tin foil hat?
  19. Sindace Elder

I'm not saying anyone with a different opinion is wearing a tin hat, but there sure are a handful of whiners in this thread.
  20. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

It’s the only to get some rates to spawn.