Bonus Rares: October 2 - October 9, 2015

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Dexella Associate Producer

Norrathians! Are you excited about The Broken Mirror? Are you enjoying Fall Frenzy? Well, this week, we're kicking off another event for you!

From Friday, October 2 through Friday, October 9, there will be BONUS RARES in game! So as the nights grow longer, get ready to see more rare monsters roaming around Norrath. Get ready!

Remember, as we head to the launch of The Broken Mirror, we'll continue to have special events in game. Be sure you check back with the Fall Frenzy post often!
  2. LaVolta New Member

Confirmed as a 1.37589% increased rate. Enjoy!
  3. Riou EQResource

It was said to be 25% in the livestream
  4. Numiko Augur

will this be also on the TLP servers?
  5. Riou EQResource

No, I think TSS is the farthest back expansion where named were flagged as "Named" and the bonus can be applied to, before that on live servers as well as TLP don't have the distinction that they are named and thus wont see a bonus.
  6. Mournblade Lorekeeper

So it's an increase in named spawn rate and not on ultra rare drops?
  7. Kravitz Augur

What about namers that spawn after a task update in Heroic Adventures? Are these tagged differently? Since it requires a task update to have a chance to spawn the namer?

I ask this almost every time they run these Rare Spawn weekends, and still waiting on a response if this is coded differently cause of the "task update" check.
  8. Crystilla Augur

Killed some named today for hunter.

a) 1st named spawned after 1 clearing of the 3 ph's
    b) next named spawned after 2 clearings of the 3 ph's
    c) next named didn't spawn after 4 clearings of the 3 ph's ... so we moved on (time limitations before raids)
    d) next named spawned after 1 clearing of the 3 ph's
    3) did an HA once and no named ... then raids came
  9. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

No offense intended but what is a namer and what is it naming? I know what you mean but I HATE that terminology because it is so incorrect both grammatically speaking and logically speaking. The better term is named as in that mob is named/has a name. Again no offense, it's just one of my pet peeves that drives me crazy when I see it used.
  10. Krowbar Apprentice

I find that odd as well. I know there is a server that they all call them 'namers'. I bet if that server gets merged with another one day, the general chat will be interesting.
  11. Vlad Diszno Augur

Been trying for a named in SoD; so far less that 1 in 10-15 (haven't been meticulously counting)pops has been the named. Could be terrible luck w/ the rng, but seems like should be more frequent if really it is 25%
  12. Motherlee Augur

It stopped working about 3PM Eastern time on Friday. I think they must have hired some people who think that 1=off and 0=on.

I haven't checked today yet.
  13. Mournblade Lorekeeper

Named spawn rate does not appear to have any improvement. Is the bonus rate broken/non-functioning?
  14. Geri_Petrovna Augur

64 Kills of the PH for Slaukk the messcook, 1 spawn of named.

Certainly this isn't "more frequent"?
  15. Razorfall Augur

It may not be the case for this Named, but based on the stream they did it looks like only the mobs that are flagged as rare have an increased spawn rate and they said that in older content that it won't work because the team at that time didn't think to flag the named as rare, so many are just instances of other mobs with different loot tables. Hopefully it isn't the case with SoD content.

You also have consider the fact that the RNG is a cheating bastard sometimes.

That or it's super duper rare to begin with and the increase only made it super rare.

My advice: Say a prayer to RNGsus after every kill :p
  16. Crystilla Augur

Did you pull all the PH's for Slaukk or just one? (Does make a difference)
  17. Grummy_NB Augur

Went to CD to camp a named, Divine Call doesn't work, Balefire doesn't work; I am no longer able to split up a camp, so these changes made playing not much fun for me. Logged off and found something else to do.
  18. Duhbeast Augur

how about using root to split the camp? Or are you that bad?