Not A Bug Bonus exp stopped EARLY!

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Zinth, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Zinth Augur

https://prnt.sc/udjy55

calender says it stops tomorrow... at 8 am.... it is gone already.... !!!! get it back... now we are missing out and planned after it
    Duder, GoneFission, Troutfest and 4 others like this.
  2. cadres Augur

Yes! Please put it back on!
    As someone who can rarely play at weekends, was pleased this was on today
    Except it's not (on AB anyway)
    Can we have it back asap??
    Zinth likes this.
  3. Zinth Augur

seems to be back on but looks like only +50% and not +100% as it were ???
    cadres and Skuz like this.
  4. dreamweaver Community Manager

It's the same event turned back on, where is it 50%?
  5. Leex Pewpewer

Fairly certain that the in-game notification specified 50%, not 100%.
  6. Zinth Augur

the announcement:
    "From 12:00 PM PT on Friday, September 4th, 2020 until 12:00 PM PT on Tuesday, September 8th, 2020, ALL players on ALL servers will receive double XP!"

Ingame:
    https://prnt.sc/udtqie
    Herf likes this.
  7. cadres Augur

So will we get some extra time to make up for the day we missed?
    Zinth likes this.
  8. Zinth Augur

I sure hope so
  9. Zinth Augur

and it's over... so they DID NOT add extra time for being gone all day :-/ RIP come on...
  10. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I didn't get a bonus for like, 3 kills. Then started getting a bonus on the kills again. I don't even know.
  11. Zinth Augur

aaand back on again :D lol sheesh this is getting confuzzling now
  12. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The issue we had is:

Events run by the event system set ALL of the bonuses when they make changes. So If it's giving EXP bonus, it sets the rare spawn bonus to baseline.

We ended up with overlapping events.
    The labor day event went to 11pm 9/8
    the FALL fun event started 12am 9/8

So... when the fall fun started at midnight, it set rare spawn rate to double and faction to double, and reset exp to baseline (and lockout mod, re-spawn mod, and discount mod to baseline, since they were already baseline, this had no effect)

We cannot alter the event from the event manager on the fly, but unlike events that give access to quests, there are also commands for the bonuses we can run that do the same thing the event manager does. So, we set the exp mod back when we got into work and read the news AND did the proper research to be sure. (Those steps take some time)

Then... When the Labor Day event ended at 11pm, it reset all bonuses to baseline, including the fall fun bonus.

I had set an alarm to get back up at 11pm, and... I set the EXP, Rare, and faction bonus back on after I the event turned it off. The tool we use to do it to all servers at once didn't connect to some servers, so I had to go serve by server to check and be sure it's turned on. But I got them all, as far as I know.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Thank you Ngreth, interrupting your rest to look after this is appreciated.
    Fanra, minimind, Whoops and 1 other person like this.
  14. Dragnet Sleuth Elder

Our hero !
  15. Whoops Augur

Thank you, Ngreth! What a nice ogre.
  16. Zinth Augur

thanks so much Ngreth :D that also explains why it was on off on off on off etc. and hopefully we can avoid such things the so Ogah can get his (uhm do you call it that as an ogah?) beauty sleep ;-)
  17. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Great, but when does this exp bonus end?
  18. Coughforme New Member

looks like its done already
  19. Talimat Elder

Sounds like a lot of work, we appreciate it!