Bonus EXP - No post?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Not seeing any info about current bonus exp

When did it start? How long is it in game? What is the %?
  2. Vanrau Augur

Did you check the /calendar?
  3. Catashe Augur

Funny they want you to check that calendar but it didn't show on the calendar til today and it doesn't say how much anyway...

As for original poster... Its probably 50% bonus xp like 95% of the time they do it
    Oxgoad and Fanra like this.
  4. Riou EQResource

It should be 50% like last year, yea, but no marketplace discount like last years :p
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Numiko Augur

the EQ marketing department is hard at work getting that post ready!

[IMG]
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

hard to tell when you do a mission that normally gives 4% a kill and today we get 5%....
  7. Sthrncowboy New Member

bonus exp...when they haven't even posted or updated anything on addressing the current EXP BUGS or issues in game atm ? seriously.
  8. Vanrau Augur

They are all on their Christmas break. One of them posted today they'll be back early next week.
  9. Nolrog Augur

Because fixing bugs is the same as flipping a switch to turn on bonus XP. Seriously.

/facepalm.
    Reht likes this.
  10. Aurastrider Augur

I am pretty sure its 50% or at least based on the number of AA's I am getting per Gribble run. A normal unmodified run will yield around 17 AA's. With LOD running I got over 150 AA's doing all 3. Doing a second run with a 50% pot I got around 120 AA's.
  11. Smokezz The Bane Crew

They started using this cool little feature for things like this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cron
  12. Vanrau Augur

Like Smokezz said, they have all of this pretty much laid out for a while and it turns on by itself. Whoever handles their announcements just wasn't paying attention obviously and forgot to post about it.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Tatanka like this.
  13. Aurastrider Augur

To be fair they created the in game announcement, also there is a chat alert if you are in game when things go active and they spent time creating the in game calendar. I think they are trying to free up resources by doing this and TBH its nice to not have to come to the official site and search the news and announcements for things. I think they still have some fine tuning to do for the calendar but this is a nice feature that more people should be using.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I couldn't even tell you where to find the calendar in game, the alerts need to go away once the event is over currently I have around 10 or so showing in the small alert window, which are active now I've no idea as they do not have dates on them.

I check the boards a few times a day, especially after a new expansion, to not know about bonuses is a pain, if people know about such things they log in for them!

They need to improve their communication skills, something like this could have been posted before the holidays when the announcement of other Frostfell activities were posted. I really wish they would start posting those on the forums again instead of in the news, I never look at those. :(

We are also still waiting for the patch notes to be posted for 14th December. :rolleyes:
  15. Nolrog Augur

/calendar
  16. Aurastrider Augur

They announced in patch notes about the calendar and have mentioned it multiple times in threads. As far as the announcements go if you keep it clear when a new announcement pops up you will be alerted to new announcements. Of course this does not help if you have not logged on in a long time but even then if people open their calendar and see if any of the announcements are current it will let them know what's new vs old. I think they are trying to move away from the forums and boards for announcements since so many people never even come on here yet everyone who plays logs into the game and a lot of people do so bypassing the launch pad so they wont even see announcements that way. The switch from here to the game for that stuff makes logical sense if you are an active player but I do agree there are improvements that do need to be made. A MOTD when you log in stating what current event is running would be nice for example. On the flip side I think the boards or announcements are better for people who are more casual and like to come back for events and such. If there are no announcements they are forced to log into the game to see what's going on which they might not waste the energy on resulting in potential loss of customers. Overall this is a change that is more than likely going to be the norm going forward and we all need to get use to these new tools. We can make suggestions on improvements but its doubtful they are going to abandon them since this was one of their QOL improvements for 2017.
  17. Sagarmatha Augur

Who cares, and QQ. Just play.
  18. Tatanka Joe Schmo

You can get rid of them yourself. When you click one, there are two buttons, minimize and close. If you click close, it goes away.
  19. Smokezz The Bane Crew

/calendar

Click the notification and close it. It's gone! Forever! Obviously you don't pay attention to them at ALL.
  20. CrazyLarth Augur

The bonus ends tonight right the info I have from
    eqresource.com so is everybody at work is what these posts are about right. complaining about being at work and not EXPing? -lol

Bonus EXP

From Dec 29, 2017 at 12:00 AM to Jan 3, 2018 at 1:59 AM
    Riou likes this.