Bonus exp ended and Selos is back to Coirnav aa exp again.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hamshire, Apr 1, 2019.

1. vylo Augur

So grinding AA on one of my chars now.

It's spectacularly awful. like barely more than coirnav. Whatever formula you are using for AA vs normal is broken beyond belief. AA is about at 1/5 what it should be compared to regular exp. It is like you guys are actively trying to kill this server by not realizing how bad these numbers are.

Guess I will just level up alts because AA is pointless at this time.
  2. Dvaren2 New Member

Don't forget to tweet them the AA issue. They seem to acknowledge tweets more than their own forums. I also refuse to grind out AA until they get this resolved. Not everybody plays in a Wizard/Chanter AE group. Please fix the AA issue on Selos!
  3. Icaen Elder

I play a Wizard and just began Deep AEing and it feels like this XP should be at least the baseline rate for everyone....

Think about that. Pulling half a zone, which is pretty much powerleveling, and getting 1 AA. I can't imagine xping like normal and being a class that can't get into a group for this. I would just quit.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

Nobody is even selling Deep AE slots so there goes that theory.
  5. Pharone Elder

Actually, that would be 6 progression servers for myself lol
    • The Combine
    • Fippy Darkpaw
    • Ragefire
    • Phinigel
    • Agnarr
    • Coirnav
    jeskola likes this.
  6. Trebor Journeyman

By now everyone should know that TLE servers are 110% supported, but only for the 3 weeks prior to release and 4 days after.

Issues after that? Well, just wait for TLE server number 13 ! It will totally rock!
  7. Rojas_82 New Member

Took a character from 54 to 59 in the same time / group before my level 60 character could get 2 AA(20&21 total AAs). This was all done in the Chardok Library so 51 to 56 level mobs. This can’t be close to correct, like 1/4th of what it should be.
  8. Daimos5 Journeyman

This is the issue that I have. The disconnect between leveling exp and AA exp. At 60, I'm getting AA levels just slightly faster than my groupmates going from 56-57 for example. That's just ridiculously painful when you look at the number of AA and the time even available to attain them prior to the next unlock. The leveling seemed reasonably fast on Selo, but once I hit AA's, it felt like it ground to a halt.
  9. Rotlust Augur

Guys, please do something about this. Spending 5 hours a day after raid nearly every day for the past week without scratching every AA a hybrid class needs is not sustainable for me even with my grossly available free time due to an injury. I'm watching my friends drop like flies because they just can't do it. If you have me at a point where I find this unsustainable, you have a serious problem.

I'm sure enchanters and wizards will come and chime in on how it's fine. Go back to the deep, boys. This doesn't concern you.
  10. AgentofChange Augur

There were people on phinny with over 200 aa after the first week. There is 0 chance that the aa experience on this server is anywhere close to where it was at for phinny, and this server moves 3 times as fast.

But still we have complete radio silence. @Roxxly @Mepps wake up
    Ajjantis and Volts like this.
  11. Rotlust Augur

100% agree. I was one of those people. Guys, I know you think you have it figured out but you have been wrong before. Even if this is intentional it has to stop. You MUST see that Selo is becoming a ghost town already. How can you let that slide? Are you wondering why, even with that 24 hour 50% bonus, there are very few picks and groups at prime leveling up areas? This is why. This is the reason. You can NOT possibly increase the AA exp too much on this server. As everyone but a few wizzies on mangler have said, Selo AA exp needs an overhaul not a tweak.

This could easily be the most fun server for a LOT of people if this is fixed. You even funnel all the openworld guilds here to make the other slower servers better for the people who enjoy them! That will NOT last at this rate. I also use to see people buying potions at every group, that has stopped if your theory was slow xp=more pot milking
  12. DeseanJackson Augur

There were more sellers online last night than any night so far, hardly a ghost town.

Also, please up the AA exp, as it does still feel a bit slow. I think part of the problem is kill rate with undergeared characters, but I feel the bonus for the 20th anniversary should be the standard rate for now, if they aren’t going to go with Live rates yet.
  13. took2summit11 Augur

I feel for you Selo’s players, I really do. But on this one page of posts there is SO much conflicting information.

One person said they get less than 2 AA’s while group members went from 54 to 59, another person said they got more than 1 AA from someone going from 56 to 57.

You got one guy saying people would rush to Selo’s if the rule set was changed, when we know the only additional players that will go to Selos at this point are people that come back to the game and randomly pick a server. None of us are interested in TLPs when we missed the most important part of the TLP, playing the initial drop and staying within the range of everyone else. I was VERY interested in Selos, but literally no matter what they did to the server at this point it wouldn’t make me join a month late.

You got one guy saying people had 200AA after 1 week of Phinny, when Phinny was released in classic. And I certainly hope this person didn’t mean after 1 week of Luclin, when everyone was already level 60 and raid geared from velious.

You got one guy saying it’s a ghost town, and another guy that is of the same camp saying xp should be increased saying it’s not a ghost town.

It’s embarrassing.

As they said before, all you guys are hanging on to is hyperbole. I actually want increased experience for Selos for you guys, as the reason I didn’t play there to begin with was the absolute fact that keeping up with xp was going to be impossible. You really need to stick to the facts and stop the doomsday discussions if you guys want any progress. It’s really sad watching how you all are handling this.
    Crayon123 likes this.
  14. AgentofChange Augur

A week into Luclin on Phinny obviously. Your whole post is dumb. Everyone in this thread is saying the same thing, the xp on Selo sucks. 0 conflicting information.
    Volts likes this.
  15. Zansobar Augur

Once PoP comes out the AAxp will be vastly increased, so I assume that is DBG's plan for fixing this "issue".
  16. a_librarian Augur

Did they quantify the PoP expansion boost to AAXP rate?

I think waiting and assuming that will fix it is a mistake, you have a very short window of time where DBG is willing to listen and act on feedback before they change focus to something else and tune out TLP concerns to the point where you're lucky to get one response every three months
  17. Volts Elder

Whats embarrassing is how much time you've spent on a thread for a server you don't even frequent. Good day!
    Ajjantis likes this.
  18. Pharone Elder

The first guy that said it is a ghost town is kind of right actually.

The server isn't dead... yet, but what you have on the server are the people in the 2 competing race guilds, the 1 we're doing it too but not openly competing guild, and the handful of casual-raid guilds.

Beyond that, there isn't really many other people actively playing on the server.

There are next to no stragglers, new people, etc. You're either in one of the guilds on the server, or you aren't on the server. Everybody else went to the Mangler server.

You see it in the low number of people selling in the bazaar, low number of items available to purchase, and grossly over-priced items because there simply a massive lack of people looting things to put in to the economy.

Krono is skyrocketing on the server as a result of the out of proportion supply versus demand.

People can deny it all they want, the Selo server will be a ghost town as soon as 2 guilds call it quits. There's not enough population there to keep it going.
    Icaen likes this.
  19. took2summit11 Augur

I didn’t say conflicting opinions, I said conflicting information, and laid out multiple scenarios in the span of 6 posts that backed it up. Comparing a server that is already max level and completely BIS raid gear by the time AA is released, to a brand new server where people are naked? That’s dumb. You can’t compare one to the other, it just isn’t possible, it’s hyperbole.
  20. HoodenShuklak Augur

It's definitely not as lively as Agnarr, but there are 2 servers which was a mistake given the niche size community.

However, going forward I always figured the server would only be 1 to 3 guilds.

New blood will be rough since people don't like to join old servers, but if the leveling process to catch up is as grindy as it is now, that just won't happen. I mean, people will grind for 4 weeks and another expansion will have already passed, and maybe they'll be caught up? At the very least they will be the right level but incompetent due to lack of AA.

I look forward to the POP boost, but what if it's just the same 50% bonus we had during the anniversary bonus? 50% sounds like a lot, but let's face it, we all still felt the grind. The first week of every expansion is going to be new (read: slower) raids and leveling (when available). In the past, we often had banked AA's to further lighten the "grind."