Bonus damage illusions/familiars

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Phlare, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Phlare New Member

Does anyone have a good link to information on the illusions/familiars (gnome pirate eyepatch, dragorn war mask, sword familiar etc.) or want to share their impression on the dps return from these items?

Is the dps gain measurable or are the items a bit of a waste? Are their stacking issues?

Since I am running out of ways to make dps gains, I have been thinking of picking up one or two of these items up if i can find em but it seems like a LOT to spend on something of questionable benefit.

Thank you
  2. Fohpo Augur

I think the newest familiar from RoS is the best, but don't quote me. In general they are measurable, but they aren't game changing - it's really a min/max type deal. Go for the RoS familiar, as for the illusions I think the pirate eyepatch is the best one, but I do believe there are some SPA issues for stacking.
  3. Skalde Elder

It's not really measurable, it's more along the lines of fancy items for a tad extra dmg for competitive players, even though RNG still rules dps parses :p
  4. Aerocell New Member

What is the pirate gnome illusion item called? Is it the Gunthak Swabby's Eyepatch?
  5. Tevraii Journeyman

Miniature eye patch.
  6. HeatherPurrs Augur

1 They don't stack

2 It would be nice if the RoS familiar did increase damage but as has been stated the RNG says, nope! In other words, it can increase damage slightly or it can make no difference at all.
  7. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Vanishing point Familiar will add 1 DMG skill point (no idea what that is).
    Dragorn War Mask will also add 10% base DMG to your weapon hits.
    Familiar of Warden Hanvar will add 50 atk.
  8. Tiggold Augur

Pure Attack isn't as useful for melee like HDex is and I don't believe Hanvar stacks with other +Attack buffs like TalaTak which is +600. So far the Dragorn War Mask is the most "useful" for pure melee in that +10%, or as I was told a flat +10 damage like an aug. In my personal experience trying to squeeze out DPS anywhere I can is it's now just a "try and cut down your lag" issue. In a raid event I'm anywhere from 112-134ms. So now it's a waiting game for me. How long until doing the best I can with this connection doesn't excite me anymore. But I promise if I ever decide to not raid Ill change my name, become a dirty casual, and then struggle with years old content while insisting I'm keeping the game alive. I freaking promise!

Then you can come to FV and be a non-raider with me!! That sounds so exciting!!

/bows to her Master, Phlare