Boastful bellow and Vainglorious Shout taking too long to fulminate.

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by svann, Jan 1, 2018.

1. svann Augur

Both of these shouts are supposed to fulminate in a big nuke in 18 seconds, but are taking longer than that. Boastful bellow is taking up to 23 seconds, and vainglorious shout can take up to 28 seconds. You can see this mousing over the debuff. This greatly diminishes the dps value since I can only apply it every 28 seconds instead of every 18. Thats a 36% reduction.

I could make a gina trigger that will end early when it sees the fulmination "jumps at a loud noise", but that will trigger on other bard's bellows fulminations too so its no good. And if you reapply it too soon you wont get the fulmination.
  2. svann Augur

This morning I did a little more testing on this issue.
    Using a training dummy in my house, I hit it a bunch of times (22 BB, 30VS) and then checked the times in the logs. Boastful bellow took from 18-24 seconds to fulminate, and vainglorious shout took from 25-31 seconds to fulminate.

If you use an 18 second timer to tell you when to reapply then you will never get your fulmination.
  3. Nniki Augur

I'm consistently seeing the expected 18-23 (normal tick - 1 max offset) for both with max rank shout and bellow. Not seeing the issue here.
  4. Skalde Elder

I think A tune stuck in your head is extending it a tick.
    svann and Brohg like this.
  5. Nniki Augur

Yep, looks like tune is extending shout.
  6. svann Augur

Ill check again, but Im almost certain that tune stuck in your head was not running when I did the testing.
    From testing this morning:
    [Tue Jan 02 07:17:53 2018] Combat Dummy Azia is shaken by a loud bellow.
    [Tue Jan 02 07:18:24 2018] Combat Dummy Azia jumps at a loud noise.
    31 second to fulmination from vainglorious shout.
  7. Niloiv Elder

Could the bard who applied the BB/VS get tagged? such as in your example above: "Combat Dummy Azia jumps at your loud noise." or "Combat Dummy Azia jumps at Niloiv's loud noise."
  8. svann Augur

You're right. Its tune stuck in your head. Tested again this morning and it (VS) was consistently like 21 secs with tune off, then went to the high 20s with tune on.

I think I figured out how to gina it though.

trigger: You shout loudly at your opponent
    timer 31 seconds
    3 early end triggers:
    Your Vainglorious Shout (fulmination)
    Your Boastful Bellow (fulmination)
    Your target resisted the Boastful bellow
    Brohg likes this.
  9. Dephtone_Rathe New Member

That explains my junk dps over the last few raid nights..

In regards to the tagging, we have asked DBG to add that, and it appears they will be fixing BB, VS and others to correctly flag the caster etc.