Blood Drinker's Coating

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Explicit, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Explicit Augur

So, of all things, why change this? Was 2% leech so game-changing that it required a massive re-use?

Personally, I'd prefer to recast it every 50 seconds or so and keep it the way it is than be locked out of using it for 7 minutes at a time but I from what I gather -- this is somehow not what it was intended for.

If this is not the intended use, then what is? 2% leech is not powerful enough to warrant such a long re-use.
    Stickietoes likes this.
  2. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Lame. I kind of saw this coming and knew I'd scoff at the reasoning from SoE as too why they thought 2% health back was too much. Was fun while it lasted.
  3. Coruth Augur

How about a 5 minute reuse?
  4. Gladare Augur

I'm glad I didn't farm it.
  5. Tolkeen Lorekeeper

You must have missed the memo which stated devs cannot introduce anything useful, cool, and worth spending the time to get into the game.

I mean, just look at the rof class weapons.....
    Rouan, Marton, Caudyr and 2 others like this.
  6. Riou EQResource

It was basically permanent 2% of your DPS as Heal, that's over powered compared (especially when swarming added in) to other special stuff they've put in, its only downside was the 1 minute duration being so short.

It will still be a strong item, just not as ridiculous.
  7. Bardy Elder

Wtf they are nerfing that??!! Seriously this game is becoming lame and boring. Does every item have to be perfectly balanced?? Can't there be a few fun items that are actually useful, maybe slightly overpowered a bit(not that this was). I'm getting about as close as you can get to quitting eq completely. All its been us nerf, nerf, nerf, enough already!!!!

I hope they at least up the %on this thing.
  8. Edrick Augur

It was getting annoying clicking that thing all the time. It basically was a permanent buff except you had to make the hotkey easily accessible since you had to click it so much.

They're making the buff last longer. Changing the cooldown of the 2% lifetap that was up 100% of the time isn't going to make the game lame and boring. Relax.
  9. drkoli Augur

Will still be good for raiding click before engage
  10. Mytoss Elder

Dont nerf it to this ) its a great item but doesnt seem overpowered to me ( im a paladin ) i wish u would change it to 3 mins duration and dont mess with the recast.