Blog: Adventures of the Filthy Casual

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by CaptainSkeet, May 8, 2016.

1. CaptainSkeet Augur

Hello everyone,

I started a little blog about my return to EQ, specifically Phinny. Another guy has been posting about his return to a live server, so I thought I would do the same for a TLP, since they are considerably different experiences.

I have been posting on a thread in the newbie section, but thought I would let anyone who cares (or doesn't) that its over there. Hoping to update it at least once a week, or as anything of note happens.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/return-of-the-newb.232400/
  2. Adonhiram Augur

Nice write up :) But it's not a blog, it's a thread on the DBG EQ forums, would be more fun to read on a real blog with pictures, screenshots, etc. There used to be a funny blog about everyday life on the Lockjaw server called "Lockjaw" but I can't find the URL anymore.

Anyway good luck to you on Phinny and welcome back to EQ !
  3. CaptainSkeet Augur

Yea I suppose you are right. Maybe one day I'll get fancy and get screenshots, quotes, and all that jazz. Until then I'll be content with my mislabeled forum thread lol
  4. Quasimojo Elder

I agree. You should utilize any one of the free blogger sites. I would totally do this, but it would cut into my play time too much. :D
  5. CaptainSkeet Augur

I was actually thinking about this today. Might do some research on Friday and see about setting one up. Should have enough for an update by then. Just wish I had been doing some.screenshots up until now, been having some fun times
  6. CaptainSkeet Augur

Well I went ahead and threw together a site and made it into an actual blog! Spent about 20 minutes on it, so still have some fine tuning to do. Also have to add some graphics and screenshots when I get some time (currently not at home with access to the game). Will be making my posts there moving forward!

Thanks for the reads. Below is the site address.

https://skeetseq.wordpress.com/
  7. Adonhiram Augur

Yes, that's the kind of layout I was thinking of, you are definitely in the good direction, now the grafics and the screenshots and it will be real fun :) Bravo on the blog's title, Welcome back to Norrath is an excellent appealing title, and maybe you should focus on that general theme : "you were EQ player back in the days ? You can come back to original Norrath, with some changes, see my experiences so far". I am sure this would attract lots of readers...
  8. CaptainSkeet Augur

Yea that's a good idea. In the future I'll see about expanding and doing different things. Maybe a page dedicated to my epic's trials and tribulations and such. Currently just trying to get back in the swing of things. Kinda fun going back to the old zones and being pretty much a newbie there again. Cant remember camps, don't know zone layout (though I have lower guk burned into my mind forever).

Thanks for reading and the support! I'll try to up my style, getting back into the writing swing of things too. Been a while since I did any writing, so I'm a bit rusty there too.
  9. Adonhiram Augur

Good luck to your blog :) Maybe you could also add a small help section for returning people who are unaware of some modern things like Parcel NPCs, /pick zone, the merge of old zones like Commonlands (no more WC/EC), etc.
  10. Adonhiram Augur

11. CaptainSkeet Augur

Checked that out, pretty humorous.

Added a few screen shots to the blog. Planning on dropping post tonight. Also some more media hopefully.
  12. CaptainSkeet Augur

13. Adonhiram Augur

Sweet :) I remember ding basilisks and smokes too in Lava from 25 to 35 or so, one of the most comfortable pulling spots in the whole game lol... Good luck in your journeys through Norrath !
  14. CaptainSkeet Augur

15. CaptainSkeet Augur

New update over on the blog
  16. CaptainSkeet Augur