Blocking/Turning off chat messages

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kidiani, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Kidiani Journeyman

Is there a way to block or turn off BROADCASTING of my chat messages i.e. my hits, misses, pets stuff, spell casting or other things? Either in or out or group, guild, area etc.
  2. Greymantle Augur

Yes open the options window and examine the chat settings.
  3. svann Augur

You want it so other people cant see your dps? I dont think thats possible.
  4. smash Augur

Think if I were an officer, and you were in my guild, I would now be special attentive to you, to see if you do the thing you should, like dps/heal, and not slack in your raid duty.
  5. Kidiani Journeyman

Ok, thanks, and I do not raid raid very often. Also I have been playing 19 years so I pretty much play for fun. I have maxxed my tradeskill AAs before I raised a lot of others so yeah my dps may be low. However that is not what I want to block, I want to block me casting abilities that others may want. Such as pet toys, enchanting types of items, imbuing gems, other buffs. I spend enough time making things for people I do not necessarily want people saying Oh, so and so can do that in general chat and then I get asked by a bunch of people. I am a nice person and would not turn them down. But thanks you Smash for thinking so negatively of me (I am a co-leader of Black Dragon Legion) on Luclin-Stromm. Come visit :)