Blocking Buffs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Brosa, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Brosa Augur

Can we get a "block buffs line"? I currently have four "C" line buffs two "blessing spell haste" buffs and four "symbal" line buffs blocked. I had to block the fourth "C" buff tonight. Could have sworn that they implemented this in the past. Oh I also have the 90% res blocked because when mercs first came out they would some times cast that on you instead of the 96%. Has that been fixed?
  2. Crystilla Augur

Quick question - is there a reason you're blocking 4 versions of C instead of just the most recent level? (You probably know this but you can block just the rank 3 and it blocks all 3 ranks of that level).
  3. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I have 11 different invis's blocked. They need to either allow us to block entire types of buffs, or give us way more slots to work with.
    Uxtalzon and noclue like this.
  4. Brosa Augur

That actually was my point (and yes I haven't unblocked the old versions). Selecting a line to block. It's not a huge request or a game changer but just the fact we have to keep updating a line to block doesn't make sense to me.
    noclue likes this.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

Unless you're standing in the lag pile, the people you're hanging out with likely aren't casting that many buffs you need to get rid of, just click em off.
    I've never seen an issue with it as a warrior. I have most mod rods in my house, and I have the spell haste and mana regen of the most recent (and maybe a few levels before) blocked. The rest, I can click off as needed.
  6. Ismel Augur

I would love some more block buff slots, I really want to block all the illusions on Eyepatch
    and all the bard DS songs for when I want to use mez ward, not to mention I want to block the ranger and beast hp buffs, so I am sure to get brells when we do mgbs on raid, lots of good reasons to block some buffs ( and the annoying ae food/water)
    noclue likes this.
  7. Feradach Augur

I just want to be able to block buffs on my merc.
  8. noclue Elder

Agreed, and rangers of all levels love to MGB the Brell's blocker. My blocked lines are BST and RNG Brells' blockers, invisibliity (especially the bards), shrink, and the cleric HP buff.
    Expand the number of blocked buffs and/or implement blocking spells by line would be great.
  9. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Is there a chance at increasing the number of blocked buffs then? Because it IS an issue from the player side, for a great many people.
    Uxtalzon, Fenudir and silku like this.
  10. Uxtalzon Augur

Can't even block magicians from spam-summoning me around. I know that shouldn't be an issue, but come on Shelly. Come on. Shelly... Shelly. Shelly. COME ON!

Moar block spells slots please. :3
  11. Hatestorm Lorekeeper

This. They only get 15 slots and i hate it when my cleric gets haste or ATK buffs when he doesn't even have the ability to attack!
  12. JacklSK Augur

Well, Clerics have the ability to attack with a weapon, but is it worth the effort ?
  13. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Cleric mercs don't.
  14. Koutarou Elder

On the same subject, loadable blocksets like spellsets would be really nice. I have different needs when grouping, boxing and raiding. (I know I can load/unload individual ones via socials but with multiple ranks of each spell to load/unload it gets quite tedious)
  15. Jordis Augur

I agree that more buff slots would be nice or a more effective way of blocking buffs. I'd like something like a bandoleer for the armor. It is a real pain to swap the armor around every time you switch merc types.