Blessed Akhevan Shadow Shears.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lubianx, Feb 20, 2022.

1. Lubianx Augur

Will other classes, other than the 5 classes on the Blessed Akhevan Shadow Shears also get access to a tailoring mod 15% (50 max)?

I love seeing something different like this but should be available to all like the original one was.
    Duder, Axxius, adetia and 2 others like this.
  2. Cicelee Augur

Why can't the other classes get the original item?
  3. Szilent Augur

Those are +15% (45 max), like the Mystical Bolt trophy ;)
  4. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

This item should either be All/All, or it should be changed to an augment which only has the 15% (50 Max) TS mod and a duplicate of the item (minus the TS mod) should be added with a different name. At which point all people with the existing item should be given that new item and that new TS mod aug.
    Yinla and Duder like this.
  5. Cicelee Augur

Oops my bad. Thanks for illustrating
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

Still says 50 on eqr and zam. Did they change it?
  7. Zarkdon Augur

But where are the Blessed Akhevan Shadowed Sheared Sheep?
    Hobitses, Fenthen, Svann2 and 2 others like this.
  8. Axxius Augur

Also, this item has a wrong graphic. It doesn't look like shears.
  9. Duder Augur

When I saw them I couldn't believe they would limit the best tailoring mod in the game to 5 classes. Blew my mind that they could overlook something like that. But, seems that's what their best at, so shame on me for being surprised.
    Yinla likes this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

While it doesn't effect me directly as I have had a max tailoring trophy for years, it does seem to be a bit short sighted to favour 5 classes especially as the original was all/all.

It will be interesting to see if they add any other TS mods for the other 11 classes.The only TS mod item I managed to get my hands on in the origianl Luclin was the smithing hammer mod.
  11. Axxius Augur

It's better than a max tailoring trophy.
  12. Cicelee Augur

I would like to know the success/fail rate in tailoring of someone at 395 skill and someone at 400. Are we talking two less failures per 100 attempts? One less? One less every 200 attempts?

Technically yes it is better. It might save you a few seconds from hitting combine on a failure. It might save some plat since you failed and did not recover xyz. But unless it is shown that a 400 skill results in some tangible betterment like 50% skill rate increase (or there are future recipes that require 400 to attempt the combine), I don't know if this is OMG better.

But I do agree it should be able to be used by all classes. Or at least the ability to turn in the weapon to a NPC for an item with no stats that gives the tailoring mod...
  13. minimind The Village Idiot

14. Svann2 The Magnificent

Maybe the fix for that is coming in anniversary events.
  15. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Changing the shears to 45 max solves it easy enough.
    Skrab and Skuz like this.
  16. Szilent Augur

[IMG]
  17. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

This is the only option, per the Law of Conservation of Happiness.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Making them all/all is also an option that fixes the problem
    Yinla likes this.
  19. Axxius Augur

You've played this game long enough to know that the margin of 'better' doesn't matter. It's better. That's all that matters.

How many times have you spent your time camping a new aug that gives 200 more mana than the one you had replaced, increasing your mana pool by 0.05%? ;)

EverQuest is a game of obsessive-compulsive min-maxing.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  20. minimind The Village Idiot

You don't know how hard I push these kinds of thoughts out of my head when bidding on raid gear upgrades.
    Winnowyl likes this.