Fixed Internally Blazing Euphoria Protecting Magic - Blocking Lifetaps/Recourse

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Zeelot, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Zeelot Elder

I recently tried this aug out, which adds 7% magic resist. However, the aug is also blocking my own beneficial recourse spells such as heals from lifetaps.

https://imgur.com/a/CiUE4vy
    [IMG]
    Angahran and Wulfhere like this.
  2. Wulfhere Augur

Dire Indictment is an old fashioned lifetap, special coding, and doesn't have a recourse in the modern sense. As you can see, this buff doesn't block truly "beneficial" spells.

Blazing Euphoria Protecting Magic
    1: Block Next Spell (7% Chance)
    2: Limit Resist: Magic
    3: Limit Type: Detrimental

[59208/13830] Dire Indictment
    Classes: SHD/115
    Target: Lifetap
    Resist: Magic -500
    1: Decrease Current HP by 13035

So according to the SPA, all true Lifetaps (including weapon procs) have a 7% chance of being resisted by this augment. This could be a bug in that very old Lifetap spell code wasn't updated when SPA 335 was introduced. Or the Devs feel that Shadowknights and Necromancers must pay a greater price for such magical protection. ;)

The Touch of Zlandicar line of spells, that has a true recourse, will work fine. So will the Bond and Spite lines that return HP via SPA 457. The disease resist Bites will also work fine.

ps: Blazing Euphoria Protecting Fire augments will do the same for any fire based "lifetaps". I don't think there are any such spells currently (not even Necro).
    RPoo likes this.
  3. Zeelot Elder

It isn't just lifetaps. I also had resists on my own Cadcane 's Horror Recourse
  4. Wulfhere Augur

Cadcane's Horror Strike is Disease resist
    Cadcane's Horror Recourse is Resist: Beneficial

So I would double check your logs and post some proof for the Devs, because that makes no sense.
  5. Zeelot Elder

I will need to test it more to be sure; I thought I saw a resist on that one also, but it's I have it confused with Shroud of the Restless proc, which was also getting resisted. But that is a lifetap as well.
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I want to ask about this.
    I can exclude life-taps, but that means that the rare life-tap from an NPC will ALSO be excluded. There aren't many NPC's that cast life-tap (the HP gained is not worth it, so when we do it it's mostly flavor, or they have a class list that includes it)

I would change the description to say that, but, is it okay?

For the more technical minded, I would add the following to the spell:
    SPA 136 Ff_TargetType - Base1: -13 // Don't focus lifetap spells
    SPA 136 Ff_TargetType - Base1: -20 // Don't focus group-tap spells
    SPA 137 Ff_WhichSPA - Base1: - 457 // Don't focus drain-from-damage SPA
  7. Wulfhere Augur

Does this imply that SPA 457 can be resisted now? The data doesn't support that conclusion right?

For the audience, this includes the modern lifedraw spells, Elemental Conversion AA, Thought Leech AA, and Vampiric Draw/Consumption weapon procs.

I believe you don't need to add SPA 457 (because it's not affected?) and perhaps shouldn't because there are modern NPC spells (spdat seems to show) that use this effect (non Magic resist even) and more can be expected in the future. E.g. would this 457 change allow something like Touch of Defilement to be resisted? Tricky one.
  8. Zeelot Elder

https://imgur.com/a/373oGVG

To clarify my post before, shroud of the restless proc is getting resisted (not the cadcane horror). I haven't had a resist yet on other procs.
  9. Angahran Augur

I'm willing to take a rare lifetap from an NPC if it means MY lifetaps actually work again!
    for list of blocked spells see this thread https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ected-you-from-the-spell.265253/#post-3900759
  10. Angahran Augur

Why are beneficial recourses flagged as detrimental ?