Blanking out the aggro meter

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Lianeb, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Lianeb Augur

What does this mean? Is this the game saying that everyone else is equal in terms of percent aggro so it is not showing anything?

I have been toying with a few disc combos and have found that I can blank out the aggro meter every time and at anytime during the fight. If this happened at the start of the fight I could understand that. But I can do it start middle and end. I have even done it taking over from another tank. Is this a bug?
    And no it doesn't involving hitting a lot of buttons.

Hit projection of fury
    Hit unflinching
    Ride that a few seconds
    Taunt off pet
    When pet fades aggro meter will be empty
  2. Koryu Professional Roadkill

It's a bug with the aggro meter. What happens is that the pet is #2 on aggro, so you see his name there. When the pet disappears, the aggro meter doesn't seem to know how to process that situation. Instead of displaying the new #2 on aggro, it just leaves that spot blank for a while. It'll eventually update (on raid targets, group targets will usually be dead before enough time passes). It only seems to have this problem with pets. If #2 on aggro dies instead of despawning, the meter will show the corpse for a short amount of time, then update with the new #2.

TL;DR - it's a bug specifically for despawning aggro pets.