Blacksmithing on Fippy

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Fades_Fippy, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Fades_Fippy New Member

I just returned to the game from a break and was looking to do smithing to help me gear up. Is there any guides out there for smith for just the progression servers to make things a little easyer to figure out.

Thanks,
    Fades
  2. Sleppen Augur

In my opinion, this was the greatest guide to smithing of the old school era:

eq.barefamily.org/files/economicalsmithv6.pdf
  3. Machen New Member

Most of the recipes recommended on the eqtraders tradeskill guide are now in game and working. With the release of DoN, the serverwide ore drops are in, so pretty easy (albeit expensive) to skill up just using those.
  4. Senlronia Lorekeeper

On a related note, anyone know if the Alkaline Loams are dropping. Or if the cultural armor is in game. My friend was trying to get me to help him gather some, he got all of the Mats but the Loams but we can't seem to be able to find any.
  5. Wizardling Lorekeeper

I find grinding guards a great way to get earlier ores. Militia House in East Freeport is a great spot - it even has a forge right there, and the guards drop ores to skill you up well past 200.
  6. Rhaeygar New Member

There has to be something wrong, I have spent the last two days in Pauladal Caverns, Castle Mistmoore, East Freeport, Dulak and not a single drop of alkaline loam or maellable loam. Plenty of ore drops but no loam.

Does anyone know why? I dont remember it being this hard way back when...
  7. Aildyen_MP Lorekeeper

I have gotten zero Alkaline or Malleable Loams to drop nor have I heard of them dropping yet.
  8. Senlronia Lorekeeper

Submitted a bug report on this. Will see what happens
  9. Aildyen_MP Lorekeeper

Well I petitioned this, and the response was about the old conversion turn in quest. Old DoN Conversion Ingredient Conversion However, after attempting this, the old combines are disabled and DNC so they pointed me to a dead end.