BL vs Enc for Molo - Pls Help!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Slayerwolf, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Slayerwolf Elder

Currently, I have two characters on the same account that I like. I want to make the decision to progress on only one character, as I don't have time to progress/play on both.

The choice is between Beastlord or Enchanter. As I've stated in other posts, I like the ability to molo at least tier 1 of the current expansion (if that's even possible anymore), or I'd like to be ABLE to in mostly t2/max aa of current xpac.

Anywho, basically, I will play this character with a healer merc, and I was wondering if you guys think enchanter is too weak. At lvl 90 in pretty great gear, the charm pet dies like nothing, and the healer merc can't seem to pick up the HP. I don't think it gets too much better (from what I've heard). My BL is great; it's just so one-dimensional. I like being able to do various things and have various play styles.

So, can enchanter cut the mustard or should I just go back to BL? Thoughts?
  2. smash Augur

Why ask, when u already answered your own question.

It sounds like you the solo person, and there i doubt chanter can do it, esp at higher levels.

Maybe even go a third way of necro/mage, mage got best pet in game, necro got a lot of extra tools.

If you wanna kill nameds mage is the way to go.
  3. Slayerwolf Elder

I think i'm just hoping/wanting to be wrong tbh. I LOVE the enchanter play-style. What a shame.
  4. Verily Tjark Augur

I molo all the time with my enchanter. If I group, it's usually with 1 mage friend.

It's slow going to molo in current content, because the mobs have so much hp and what not. The good thing is that you can control the situation if there's an add or whatever. TBL has been very hard to molo... usually I can molo tier 1 named with a charmed pet, but not this time.

I'm waiting until 115 to go back and molo everything like the hunter achievements.
  5. Mazame Augur

The Enchanter has the ability to Molo current content. Chanter have been Molo/Soloing for years.

You said your charm pet dies like nothing. I find this odd. Charm pets are some of the best tanks in the game. So my question would be what are you doing to the charm pet? If your doing "current content" then you will want to make sure you have the right AA's. Make sure your slowing and de-buffing the mob. make sure your dotting up the named and nuking. also if you having trouble keeping pet alive load a few runes to cast on him. Make sure you haste the charm pet.

Like it been said Moloing can be very slow going and frustrating at time.

if your just grinding consider reverse charming as it can be very fast XP if your soloing. It take skill to learn so try it on light blues until you get the feel for it then slowly work your way up
    code-zero likes this.