Bigger Fish

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Warpeace, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Peeps and their issues with not tuning stuff down.... get over the exclusive feeling and open it up to more players. *shrugs* only makes sense.
  2. sojuu Augur

Did this at 101 with tank merc rogue merc wiz merc monk with shaman box and a cleric. Was a stretch but pulled it off. Would think a full group could do this.
    Qest T. Silverclaw likes this.
  3. Marshall Maathers Augur

One thing to watch out for is to not aggro any of the static zone spawns while you are doing it, as this will make the event exponentially harder.

Have one person pull one of the mobs to the group as it spawns, and have it dead by the time the other(s) make it to the circle and it will be easier as well.
  4. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Don't get me wrong, I don't want the game to be hard everywhere. I believe there should be easy stuff anyone can do with a friend and a couple mercs, and manage to reach max level. I also believe that there should be difficult content, such as Plane of War.

You seem to suggest that all content should be uniformly easy. Do you not realize that there are those who've played for many years, who have friends who've played for many years, and who appreciate that the game is not a total snooze-fest when you have a balanced group, and know what you're doing?
    segap likes this.
  5. Dibab Augur

I think tor did that lols
  6. SpamFactory Augur

there's a place for challenging content but it shouldn't be in the first tier. tier 1 is supposed to be catch up, not limit pushing.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Uniformly easy? No. Able to be done by the majority of player? Yes.
  8. Vran New Member

Beat this first time trying with a warrior , bard box(only played songs), a wizard, berserker,and filled in with cleric merc and a dps merc. This was no problem at all going the dps route. Also, helped guildy ranger and enchanter, me(berserker) do it with mercs. This route was also not a problem with chanter mezzing all adds.

What I am trying to say is there is no one way to do this, but it can be done in multiple ways. If your boxing and cant beat it, drop the boxes and LFG. I personally have done this 5 times now for guildies, all different setups, but all won because we worked together. The quest is fine as is imho.
    Darkark and Sancus like this.
  9. Ratbo Peep Augur

I agree that it's OK as it stands. That said - it belongs at the end of T2 or in T3.
    It's not really an "entry level" quest - and that's where it's currently placed.

-R
  10. sojuu Augur

I disagree, if put into higher tier content the mobs would probably scale. Making it even harder and more people complaining.
  11. Nniki Augur

Did this on expansion release with level 101s... Bard (CotF raid), Warrior (CotF group), and Monk (CotF group). I think we used two healer mercs and one caster merc. Tried once before without the Monk, but we couldn't quite keep up with just Bard and Warrior DPS.

Bard AE Mez keeps it pretty controlled. Either get some DPS or a mezzer, or better yet, both, and this event should go down no problem with a decent group, especially at 105. If using a healer merc, be warned that the duration of the fight will most likely strain their mana.

It's definitely refreshing to have something that provides a little challenge. Unfortunately, the reward is not in line with the difficulty.
  12. Vran New Member

If placed at the end of t2 or t3 without scaling would make this terribly trivial(majority of groups already manage to beat this as is). It is not needed for progression, so the people doing it now must want a challenge. If your group can't do it, wait a few level and gear and come back, but please don't ruin the fun for others by getting this nerfed.
  13. Triconix Augur

Boxed this with a war, sham, necro, 2 dps mercs and a healer merc. Was kind of a pain but doable. The spawn rate seems kind of high, especially if you don't have CC. However, I really can't see this being much too difficult with a group of real people.
  14. Ratbo Peep Augur

Ya - I ultimately agree with you and Sojuu.
    That said - it would then be nice if it had a reward fitting for the challenge.
    -R
  15. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

They've learned that if they put a nice reward for the really hard stuff, they get even more flak. "Call the Waaambulance! I can't obtain my completely necessary doodad from this quest. Nerf it nao!" Thank goodness XP wasn't in line with the difficulty in PoWar, or it would have been crowded with training idiots:

"Train to Narikor!"
    "Which side?"
    "Left."
    "You're supposed to train right, n00b!"
    "Dude, we were rezzing here! Don't train the Tactics zone, we'll all end up in a death loop!"
    "Argh!"