Big Time Collection Drop Rates

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by JacLuc, May 17, 2018.

1. JacLuc Lorekeeper

Over the past 3 weeks I have gone and killed giants in Scorched Woods just for this achievement over and over. I have killed according to my logs, at least 889 giants of all types, inside and outside the fort (mostly inside). I have tried different places inside the fort for long periods and that hasn't helped. In that time I looted:

Fist Spikes - 6
    Great Axe - 10
    Horn - 3
    Pickaxe - 3
    Shovel - 7
    Throwing Hammer - 5
    Torch - 11
    Greatsword - 0

This came to a 5.06% drop rate on collections items. And then rng kicks in, and you randomly get one of the 8 pieces to drop because as far as I can tell, any giant can drop any of the pieces (though I have to admit I haven't tracked exactly which pieces dropped off which specific giant type).

Does anyone know more specific information for this collection, or a better way to get the Greatsword to drop other than mindlessly killing more giants and hoping?
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Sounds like a bad run with the RNG, sorry man.

The greatsword was always the rarest for me, too, and with the Giants high hp it’s a pretty miserable camp. Went back and did it for an alt recently, and I got to a point where I just burned lesson inside the fort once a day (in and to the right under the stairs was my favorite spot), rather than try to actively camp it, and eventually Allah had mercy/pity and it dropped.

GL.
  3. Weebaaa Augur

Just did this camp two months ago.
    I received all the drops from killing the same mobs in the spot Sheex mentions.

It's an ugly camp though, for sure.
    The giants with their large than normal hp pool.
  4. Cicelee Augur

At some point I would just sell the extras in bazaar and take the money from those sales and buy the greatsword...
    Sheex likes this.
  5. JacLuc Lorekeeper

Where you are describing is where I have been hunting most of the time. Just have to keep plugging. And I look constantly for one for sale in the bazaar, no luck there so far.
  6. CrazyLarth Augur

7. Zhaunil_AB Augur

In our experience, the horn is the rare one, anything else - every single other piece - drops frequently enough.
  8. Critts Augur

This was what I wanted to do, however I have not seen one for sale on my server for some time. I’m sure the cost would be above 2 mill if it did.
  9. Critts Augur

I’ve gotten two horns camping the sword.
  10. kyong Augur

I literally killed like 1000 of these giants before I got my greatsword. Got so tired of all the other drops, like 5-6 of each before greatsword.
  11. Zhaunil_AB Augur

i guess that's the luck of the RNG.
    Fact is that during EoK and what time we've spent on giants during RoS so far, for US we got (far) more greatswords than horns.
    I do not know actual probabilities and am ready to accept that both are uncommon drops.
    But more of my ALTs have the greatsword (and the rest) already checked than horns.
  12. JacLuc Lorekeeper

Just as RNG normally goes, killed probably another 150 or so the last several days to no luck. Then logged in last night and got 2 swords in the first 5 kills for both my characters. Finally.
    Sheex likes this.