Big Gnomes, Big Problems - Has Problems

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Karliv, Mar 27, 2022.

1. Karliv Journeyman

Greetings.

I attempted one of the 14th anniversary missions earlier today. Big Gnomes, Big Problems - in which giant skeletons are attacking Ak'Anon. Start w/ fighting bunnies - cool, sorted out the mechanic, not a problem. Stealth portion was also cool. Then we get to where you actually fight the skeletons ... and ... the scaling seems quite broken. The skeletons were regularly meleeing for a million plus. Ok, looking at the rest of the mission, I guess it's possible that's in the right ballpark (though it seems troublesome ... and Zam thinks its supposed to be ~180k, not 1.8mil). Monks are dodgy, so I was eventually (by dying and running back) able to get through this, and get the buffs. Unfortunately things still don't line up.

With the buff I could mostly survive normal giant skeletons, but there seem to be 3 different named to kill, and each resulted in more deaths and runbacks before I got lucky. Till I got to the very last one ... which just was not manageable. I had no chance to survive if it did get a lucky hit in on me, and that happened too often, when adding the need to run over and rebuff.

Details - this was on Coirnav, level 100, HP around 120k, monk.
    The aug reward is potentially available from any of the 14th anniversary missions, so I guess I am writing this one off and trying elsewhere. Annoying waste of time, though.
    [IMG]
    Proponent, Nniki, Yinla and 2 others like this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Been like this since they put this quest in the game. There are players who have beat it of course, but for the average Joe it is impossible.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Not bugged just a really badly designed mission it would take too much dev time to fix properly.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  4. Knifen Augur

5. Wulfhere Augur

It's always been broken with random 1-hit kill shots for 1-3 million damage on the giant buffed tank. I used to farm it for the trap clickie and learned some useful tricks. Still it was a PITA.

I believe Glyph of Dragon Scales would help to survive those broken rounds and finish easier. Other percentage based tanking discs help some. The problem is that those kill shots are random.
  6. Karliv Journeyman

As far as I could tell, any time a hit connected it was a kill shot or nearly so. Certainly from the last boss. I guess dodge discs would actually be the most useful.

As I mentioned, once you have the buff the giant skeletons themselves aren't too bad. But the named ... are problematic. And that episode w/ the traps before you get the buff ... was pretty rough.
  7. Paladin Augur

I do this one every year looking for the special drops. It is not bugged and works as designed, imo.

You need 3 real players at a minimum, to work together.

Also, you have like 9+ Million HP in this mission. If you don't then yes, there is something you missed or a bug.

I the 1st battle, you need to drag them into the traps.

Others can be rooted in place, so you can kill them one at a time.
  8. SteamFox Augur

Sure it's completable if you have multiple real people, and maybe that's the intent, but I struggle to think its "working as intended" to expect to die multiple times completing this task. If the mobs hit for 180k like ZAM indicates then you could actually tank the indestructible mobs until you utilized the mechanics to debuff them. Instead you run in auto attack swinging and hope you live long enough for the proc to go off AND to do some dps before dying and coming back in.
  9. ddraigoch Journeyman

ddraigoch777
    Apr 23, 2023, 12:01 AM PDT
    Tried this several times last night (4/22) on Xegony. The rabbits and skelly fight at the AkAnon entrance went fine. However, once phased over to Neringa Nobbles, the Big Boneded buff she casts intended to allow damage to the skeletons is not working. The buff seems to be cast on the player (message says she is casting it), but no icon appears in the (default) UI, and skeletons take no damage (despite minimal damage emotes in chat: 100 hp or so). Tried the workaround listed in Alla of logging out to char select, then back in, but that didnt work. Also tried using an illusion to drop giant size and re-get buff, but that didnt work. All I get is the message.
    Cannot continue the task past this point.
  10. Fenthen aka Rath

You really need to not change the damn font size.
  11. Monkeychunks Augur

sometimes it changes itself in quotes on these forums. The poster might not be the one changing it.
  12. Fenthen aka Rath

Never have I seen the font just change itself. Ever.
    Svann2 likes this.
  13. Monkeychunks Augur

I have had it happen to me which is why I am aware of it and you are not. Also it seems more prevalent on newly posting accounts, another reason you would not know of it.

Another factor is if you create your post into another media and then copy paste here can cause it to mess with the font. To me, his post looks like it was copied from somewhere else.

I have never seen it happen outside of these EQ forums. The white posts are another issue that can happen.

Remember not all players have seen all things happen in these forums or in the game. Keep your mind open
    Plecostomus likes this.
  14. ddraigoch Journeyman

I did not intentionally change the font size. It pasted in that way when I copied it from the Petitioning system, since I was told by the respondent over there to put bug reports here. Sheesh! Calm down!

More importantly, and to the point of this thread: can we please get this fixed?
  15. ddraigoch Journeyman