Big Crash?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Roxxlyy Augur

Team is still investigating and working towards a solution.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Thundersnake Elder

Imagine this. The game code becomes open source and the community at large can help write fixes and make new content. While they can't actually edit the live code they can see what's there so they can post what code is needed to get things fixed and we experience a new golden age of EQ as a result! Oh, what a fantasy! -Source: Something my guildy Jace said gave me the idea.
  3. feeltheburn Augur

that they are cough cough investigating the issue cough cough chuckle and working toward a solution :)
  4. That0neguy Augur

So let me get this right, you want a company who makes money from its Intellectual property to openly give everyone access to that IP? In what world do you live where that makes good business sense?

Also you assume anyone playing the game is actually qualified to look at the code and understand it.
  5. xxGriff Augur

Sony opened/shared EQ2 to academia before... and there is s difference between IP and a DB, wherein most of the patches and edits lay to fix, as to code of the client, its not about IP of code or DB generating money, it is subscriptions and sales with in the framework of DBG marketplace.
  6. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

[IMG]
    Tatanka likes this.
  7. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

i think it was the guy on the grassy knoll...I saw a puff of smoke and muzzle flash.
    Coagagin likes this.
  8. Captain Video Augur

First downtime was due to some government hacking EQ servers to get all NPCs to vote in US mid-term elections. Second downtime was for the special prosecutor and his staff to investigate.
    BadPallyGuildLeader likes this.