Big Bags are Back Again!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

Celebrate your independence from small bags – the big bags are BACK on the EverQuest Marketplace.

[IMG]

On our new progression servers, Ragefire and Lockjaw, there will be a new 14-slot bag available for a limited time. This bag will cost 1600DBC. Existing 8- and 10-slot bags will be 25% off.

On all other servers, the big bags are back! These bags, the 32-slot Journeyman’s Pocketed Rucksack and the 36-slot Wayfarer’s Pocketed Rucksack, have returned to the marketplace for a limited time.

During this weekend, there will also be a faction bonus! All faction changes will be doubled on all servers.

Hurry! The bag sales and double faction are only available from 12:00PM PDT on Thursday, July 2 through 11:59PM PDT on Monday, July 6!
  2. Kravitz Augur

3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Thanks for the big bag sale. I haven't checked the prices but I hope they are reasonable.
    Not exactly thrilled about this as there are some faction hits you don't want to get. I think giving away some free faction doubling potions would be a better way to handle this.
  4. Xanadas Augur

I'll pass on the 14 slotters. I feel like I'm being ripped off since bigger ones are available on the live servers and there's no real game-breaking reason why we can't have larger bags on the TLPs. If you're going to allow 14 slotters, just allow the bigger ones, too.
  5. thedragon Elder

might as well have done nothing for this weekend imo.

I honestly don't see the point.
  6. segap Augur

Bags are the standard, high price. Not on sale, just for sale. I'm just seeing the 36 slot and not the 32 slot.

As for double faction. I do not get the point of that. I suppose I could finish off pow progression... Not sure what else I need faction for these days. Could be a nice bonus for the progression folks though.
  7. Denegar New Member

No double xp this weekend? Hasn't every July 4th weekend been double xp for many years? Very disappointed if this is the case.
  8. Mayfaire Augur

Add my name to the list of folks lobbying for dbl exp this weekend, please. :rolleyes:

I mean....I just finished PoW prog, so I no longer can use that dbl faction - but I do very much need to get some dbl exp to get back all the exp I lost dying approximately four crazillion times in the doing of the PoW prog, omg. :eek:;)
  9. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Just to mention, the way that the bags have been added to the Marketplace seems slightly deceptive. There are various bundles (like 7 different bag ones) right at the top, with the biggest bundle being four big bags for 7500 DC.

But wait, if you go to the items section and go way down to the bottom, right where armor bundles are, you can find just one bag bundle to buy five big bags for 7500 DC. There is no timer on it and it is not one of the Latest Items for sale that are prominently offered.

So, not examining every single item on the list, I looked at what I thought were where the bags were and picked the biggest bundle, the four bags. It was not until someone else mentioned the almost hidden five bag bundle, that I realized that I could have gotten five bags for the same price I had just paid for four.

Buyer beware, you can say. But I just want DGC to know that this does not leave a good feeling in having transactions with your company. If you don't care and feel like saying it is all my fault for not checking "the small print", that is fine. But you aren't making people happy with this.
  10. Anastasis Elder

I fell into the same trap, Fanra. I had already purchase the 4 bags bundle on two accounts, and was going on the third accounts when I notice the "Mega" bundle. Yes, I am not happy about this. I felt like I just finished dealing with a snake-oil salesman.
  11. Endless Augur

On the road heading towards Vegas, to visit family for the 4th or I'd be working faction for The Overthere gate hammer. Oh well, maybe get back early on Monday. Think I'm already pretty close.
  12. frankie78227 Augur

The hidden bag bundle is probably a trick to throw off filthy casuals. I bet they don't think we deserve to fight Naggy or to buy big bags.:(
  13. Numiko Augur

Honestly never seen the appeal of super big bags, I mean I have some but they are from expansions, other promotions, drops or player made ones. Despite that I still have several 10 slot bags on each my characters and I cannot remember the last time I found something sitting on my cursor because I had run out of space.

Do people really play for weeks and weeks and find themselves running out of space before they can hit a bank or a vendor?
  14. Endless Augur

The 5 bag deal only comes in red. I think they were just really overstocked with red bags and not enough pink, blue or tan. I got 5 of the red on the 1st when that was the only choice and then tan the next day thinking it'd be 5 bags as well since it cost the same as what I just got.

No doubt about buyer beware, because you know....there are people trying to pull a quick one on you for a few dollars more. I should have been more observant. My bad Day Break. Yes hard feelings.
    Geroblue likes this.
  15. Mayfaire Augur

I have all big bags. Like five of them are filled with clickies/illusions/pots/weapons/blah blah. Two are filled with tradeskill crap. One for the many quest items. So that's two left over for picking up random nonsense along the way.

So, essentially, this post is an admittance that I am an EQ hoarder and serves as a cry for help. :eek:
    Garshok and Numiko like this.
  16. Sn00ps Journeyman

Feedback: The bags are crazy overpriced. 5 bags @ 7500 DBC. That's a lot. In my opinion a good price point would be 10 bags for around $50. At that price I would buy for all my characters. At 7500 DBC I got 5 bags for my main only and grumbled about the price as it's very expensive for just some bag space.
  17. Cormack New Member

yeah big bags big deal - i'll pass - a major holiday and this is the best daybreak can come up with?? no 2x exp - no 30% discount on all markeplace items - just on big bags which i wont spend the money on. too bad too cuz i got a game card expecting a big sale - will hold on to til db get a bit more in touch what folks want.
  18. Nightmares Augur

Really? Putting big bags on sale, but no discounts? You put the bags on sale all the time. A discount is warranted IF you are implying this is due to Our ( USA) Independence Day (oh you did actually state that in the original message...). You gave discounts and other sales for no reason before. So this is literally a slap in the customers face.
    Mixing around the bundle deals, have 4 bags as the same prices as 5 and hiding the 5 bag mega bundle. Can that be any shadier? or is Shady from Commonlands to be blamed for this?

Double faction? I play an enchanter as my main, factions are very important. So I can see an upside to this, however there is a HUGE downside. Now I must refrain from playing my chanter doing quests that I was currently working on due to faction hits are gonna royally screw my toon up. Way to go for not thinking about everyone. Not everyone wants this. You should have given a way to turn it on or off so the players can decide if they wanted to use it or not (you did that for the AA autogrant)( or allow time limited faction potions for free ( timers before they disappear from inventory basically)).

For the past Decade +, we have seen dbl xp on this holiday weekend. This has been a massive disappointment across all players on all servers. if you logged in hidden and just looked at the chat channels over the last day or 2 you would see that.

We as players have come to expect more out of SOE, now DGC; not to mention your promise to the players to be more active and in tune with the player base. I can tell you right now, that is not happening here.
    Borek-VS likes this.
  19. Geroblue Augur

And EQII got double/extra xp this weekend.
  20. KC13 Augur

New owners, double XP will now likely be around May 1st and military parades will be held in all EQ original cities. :D