Bifold Focus of the Evil Eye

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by TenkenTurtle, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Kolani Augur

It's actually a few guilds from a few months ago, some of the people are no longer in the guilds they were in at the time. At the time, it was members of Symphony of Arms, Knights of Infinity and Kelethin Legions on Firiona Vie.
  2. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Why does it need to be changed?
    Duder and Drogba like this.
  3. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

I could get on board with items with these same effects dropping from more current content. a new bifold, a new luclin staff, a new rez stick for priests/paladins.... no need to change their effect though. just slap 'em on a current item and make them a rare-drop from an event / put on vendor.
    Wdor likes this.
  4. Bigstomp Augur

Grab a group, blow up xorbb. Done. They don't have to gift us old content rewards and you can blow it up so easy it's not a big deal for you.
    Duder likes this.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

I'd like new toys to be new toys. Not rehashes of old toys. It's not hard to go back and earn old toys.
    Wdor, Duder and Arkanny like this.
  6. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

would I like new toys also? certainly... but this thread isn't about new toys with new effects.

I have my toys, and I like them... but it's exceedingly difficult to get folks to go back and do things like monster missions for the rez stick.... yes, some of the toys are easier to obtain (re: bifold) even if they do take a while. There's no real reason though that those effects can't be placed on an updated item so that newer members have more access to them.

people in mid/low end guilds have asked for more of the 1-off type raids that are designed for them, and these kinds of drops being on the loot table would be incentive enough I think for the high end guilds to get some use out of them as well. it's a win-win. Could even do like the originals, make the drop itself -rare and require chieves to unlock them on a vendor.

in any case, it's just one opinion and unlikely to happen at that so /shrug.
  7. Lianeb Augur

If there is anything I have learned from Forum Quest. Copy and paste from the developers is only complained about extensively.
    Damned if they do damned if they don't
  8. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

the thing you should have learned about FQ is that people will complain extensively regardless of what the devs do.
    Wdor and Mintalie like this.
  9. Bigstomp Augur

It's actually pretty easy. Just talk to a friend.
  10. Duder Augur

I love OMM missions and raids, will do them any time some one asks or if I know some one wants to do them I beg to go with. ;)
  11. AcemoneyFV Augur

Sweet, come to FV. :p
  12. Duder Augur

I don't play on trash servers ^_^
    Annastasya, Conq and Sheex like this.
  13. AcemoneyFV Augur

All servers are trash, mines just trashier.
    Duder likes this.
  14. Shine New Member

does it work at all for bards? I see the buff up but no matter what song I do it doesn’t twincast.
  15. Tevik Augur

Rule of thumb: Nothing in Everquest works for bards.
    Bobbybick, Wdor, Kaenneth and 4 others like this.
  16. Wulfhere Augur

Try bard Insult?

I think Insults should work effect SPA 0 (hitpoints), use more than 50 mana, and bard songs are not "combat skills" afaic.

Bifold Focus
    Slot 1: Increase Chance to Twincast by 100%
    Slot 2: Limit Effect: Current Hit Points
    Slot 3: Limit Type: Exclude Combat Skills
    Slot 4: Limit Min Mana Cost: 50
    Slot 5: Limit Effect: Exclude Twincast Blocker
  17. Flatchy Court Jester

Oh this hurts me to read this my Troll brother! ( not really lol Im just lazy and get my OMM brews from Overseer)
    Duder likes this.
  18. Windance Augur

I personally don't see the issue with either the bifold and OMM rez sticks.

OMM raids can be unlocked by a running through the Crystallos raids. Did this with a single 120 character in about an hour.

The actual OMM raids are still challenging because they are MM so no level scaling. We generally do them by taking as many mage/necro's as we can and just spamming pets. Takes us about 2-3 hrs to do both events depending on how many go and how often we leash vox.

Then the person wanting the rez stick just does overseer for brews. Much easier than farming the solo missions or doing the raids 4x times.

As far as the Bifold twin cast. We recently went back and did Xorbb 1-3 with a single group of 120's. It took some effort but wasn't really what I'd call hard. To knock out the achievements we'll probably end up scheduling it as a mini guild/open raid, just so we can get it done for as many people as possible.

If anyone is on Bertox and wants help with either send me a PM and we'll help you get the clickies.
    Stymie and Fenthen like this.
  19. chungus Journeyman

Man I've wanted rez stick for so long, tried vox with 8 couldn't get it just kinda gave up
  20. Vumad Cape Wearer

Not that I am suggesting there should be a change, but to offer a compromise for the OP that could be neat, is that items can be converted like the TBL port lamps. Having the item be convertible from a 100% single cast 30s to a 5-10% unlimited cast 30sec could accomplish the request without affecting balance. Not worth the DEV time but I think items that convert allowing that customization are always neat.

Another option would be for Devs to implement a new item with a 5-10% twincast that is on the same click timer like how clicking your BP prevents your other BPs from being clicked. Similar results in a different way, desirable by lots of players, gives choices to players that have both, new items in new expansions, etc.