Beware of heritage crate illusion resellers.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, May 24, 2021.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

While I don't spend $500; in the game scheme of things, this is the world we live in: say that to people who spend thousands of dollars on vaporware (Star Citizen, Pantheon) and toss hundreds at GoFundMe.
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

So?

I am curious. Are you jealous that you can't afford this needless thing, or are you trying some meaningless crusade? Let's remember that "actual collectors/players" can buy these items too.

In the interest of full disclosure, I have no interest in these items and thus the outcome of all of this is of the utmost indifference to me. I am just intrigued by your seeming huge concern over this. Personally, I find the huge lag bursts in game to be a much more concerning issue.
    Zynt and Bigstomp like this.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Disclaimer: I already own all heritage crate illusions (including Rivervale Deputy).

My concern is that there is a major distortion of the market: monopolistic-like behavior. Furthermore, heritage illusions seems to be a new focus for RMTers. The shift in the market can discourage actual players who want these special illusions.

A tangible solution is to offer a guaranteed illusion/mount bundle for $129-$179. People will still buy crates but Darkpaw can cut out Krono resellers/RMTers and alleviate concerns about gambling. They already offered the guaranteed Gnome Heritage Bundle with ToV FnF and Gilded Familiar Bundles on EQ2.

I am actually not too passionate about the subject. I poorly worded my original post and I have to clarify for each poster who do not read my subsequent posts (distinction between Krono resellers/RMT and average Joe). Responding to your post - among many others - is becoming a Sisyphean task. LOL.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

Ummm, OK.

Given the lack of support shown your arguments by others, you might want to find a new windmill to tilt at.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

If you are bothered, you are free to ignore the thread. You can also click on my profile and press Ignore.

This thread just happens to be in vogue for some (scarcity of Rivervale Deputy).
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You have made an awful lot of posts in this thread for something you are not that passionate about. Could it actually be that you want to take part in this market but missed out?
    Zynt likes this.
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I already own Rivervale Deputy. I am spending 80% of the time repeating myself and clarifying. Even Mepps had to come back and qualify his/her comments once it became clear that I meant to refer to a very specific subset of the population.

The original post was poorly worded. Period. I should have outlined the problem clearly (Krono resellers/RMTers) and offered my proposed solution (guaranteed bundle offering by Darkpaw).

At least I learned how to make a viral thread.

Same advice I offered to Nennius. You - yes, you - have the ability to ignore this thread. Or should I wonder why you are so concerned? If you are already aware of my argument, you are simply bumping this thread to the top instead of letting it go.
  8. Cicelee Augur

May 2021- Krono hoarder buys 20 halfling illusions at 6 Krono each. Of course others could have bought them for 7 Krono and did not, but /shrug
    June 2021- player base wants illusion, but refuses to spend more than 4 Krono
    August 2021- halfling heritage crates end
    September 2021- halfling illusion hoarder lists 20 illusions at 30 Krono each. Player base waits for it to be sold at 4 Krono
    December 2021- still no halfling illusions sold. Price down to 25 krono
    October 2022- still none sold, price dow to 10 krono. Player base still waits for it to drop to 4.
    March 2023- still none sold. Price down to 7 krono. Player base still waits for 4 krono
    March 2024- game sunsets. No one cares about halfling illusion. Life goes on.
    Niskin likes this.
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Or pay the king's ransom of $200 on an RMT site. I'd much rather see the money go to Darkpaw Studio.

This thread has received 2000 views. The course of history has changed. More players will hold the Visage for themselves (or until after the rotation) and Krono resellers/RMTers will actually face competition.

Obviously, everything related to a video game can be reduced to triviality. Including complaints about slow belts.
  10. Bigstomp Augur

Kronos are bought from darkpaw and spawned by darkpaw when you buy them. There are no 3rd party kronos. For every krono out there, they got paid.
    Cicelee and Szilent like this.
  11. Zynt Augur

He's very passionate about reading what he writes though.
    Niskin, Stymie and Cicelee like this.
  12. Cicelee Augur

Who says the player base is going to spend $200 or $129 for an illusion that does literally nothing to affect gameplay in a game that could be sunset in three years?

There is less that 0.1% of the player base that cares about stuff like this. I know you think you are doing the work of the people... but you really are not. And you are continually making yourself look foolish when you say you are not passionate about the topic, but own nearly half of the responses to your own thread.

And GG on bringing up a slow belt comment. So 2018. Besides if you actually had read, participated and remembered what was actually said... you would realize there was never one complaint about a slow belt. At least from me. But hey, continue to keep up the good fight. Next time, just get your facts straight first K?
  13. Benito EQ player since 2001.

This is the problem with my thread: no one has bothered to read any of my posts except the original post and any post that I directly respond to them with. If you bothered you read the thread, it's me taking the Sisyphean task of trying to clarify to which resellers I am referring to. I created my own straw man with a poorly worded OP. Then, when things go south for some, they resort to passive-aggressive personal attacks. It's a vicious cycle. It was a nice social experiment, though.

For an issue that 0.1% of the player base cares about, why is this thread being responded to? Surely, it should have died days ago. Hint, it's as simple as not pressing "Reply."

Welcome to ForumQuest. You may have cared about slow belts. (Didn't respond to you when you did, by the way). Every thread will highlight an equally "trivial" video game issue. Reducing my argument to "triviality" is a very, very weak argument (cop out).
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It comes with other issues that Mepps highlighted:

15. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Obviously, the best solution would be for me to ask Mepps to lock this thread and re-create one that succinctly states the problem and solution (narrow parameters - not sensational frame & discourse) down the road.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Do you need assistance with this so you don't keep hitting the reply button? It seems that 8 of the 15 posts on this page and 37 of 95 are from you. Talking about how others can stop the thread while not replying but you seem to have the majority of posts on this thread and are doing the most to keep it going.
    Niskin likes this.
  17. Benito EQ player since 2001.

If you actually go through and read the thread, the first 2-3 pages is me trying to fix/walk back my poorly worded original post. If I don't respond, then I am leaving an inaccurate argument (that looks very emotional). Even Mepps had to qualify his comments to not endorse the very specific subset of behavior in question.

The final page of replies is merely a vicious cycle of: "trivial thread" -> "trivial replies" -> "trivial thread"

I'm sure you love to keep bumping this thread to the top. :rolleyes:
  18. KrakenReality Augur

There’s a fine line to walk on the Illusion and Mount guaranteed bundle. If it’s priced too high relative like $129-179 that has been thrown around then that is going to look terrible compared to the under $10 illusions and mounts. Also, it creates a stigma that it’s a cash grab from a “dying” game. There was negative press around the $250 expansion bundles on the bigger gaming sites.

I understand that the pricing would accommodate Scam Boxes and Krono sales, but I don’t agree with it.
  19. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Mr. Benito... you still haven't answered real question... how do you know if you're selling said items to a 'reseller'? Do you REALLY think they're going tell you Yup, I'm hoarding them, gonna sell them later /chuckle. Then you can walk away?
    Nennius, Tour and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Isn't it like it is with cops on tv shows and if you ask them if they are one they have to answer honestly?
    Nennius, Smokezz and Tour like this.