Beware of heritage crate illusion resellers.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, May 24, 2021.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

So I think 90% of heritage crate illusion buyers are legitimate collectors/users. However, I have heard that there are a handful of people trying to buy across servers to hoard and mark it up double or more (from 3-4 Krono to 9-15 Krono). Obviously, it's a free market and many will buy/sell however they want. Resellers may be the only folks paying top prices (just like Krono).

Perhaps, as average buyers and sellers - to help the community - we can do some things:

As sellers, ask the buyer point blank if he is a reseller. Or sell to known players on your server and avoid transactions with new characters or frequent buyers.

As buyers, refuse to purchase from anyone asking more than 8 Krono or so. Refuse to purchase from new characters or frequent sellers. Advertise WTB on your main character (not an alt or mule).
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

Who cares?
    Axxius, code-zero, Bigstomp and 12 others like this.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

From the perspective of a Daybreak apologist, resellers are doing "God's work" by forcing people to cough up cash to buy 10-15 Kronos to buy 1 illusion. This brings a ton of revenue to the game.

As a person of culture, these items should be appreciated by actual players and not monopolized by Krono resellers.

I posted not too long ago that Daybreak should sell packs with a guaranteed illusion and mount to cap the market (similar to EQ2's Gilded Familiar Crates priced at roughly $100).
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

10 to 15 kronos for a illusion? there not even that expensive on fv.

Andarriel
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Resellers are hoarding/monopolizing them (by paying decent market prices) until after the crate leaves the marketplace. The items become unobtainable and that's when they resell for 10-15 Kronos. The implication is that these items are now tainted by Krono resellers who have diversified their assets.
  6. Jennre Band Leader

I am not a reseller, or even a seller.
    Nobody is forcing anybody to spend anything. Its not like there is a finite number of these items available. They will also loop back around to these heritage crates at some point *shrug*
    Fenthen and Benito like this.
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I am fairly amoral about the situation. I just think it would be nice to be careful who we sell to or buy from. I won't lose sleep over it nor is this thread my magnum opus.

Previously, Krono resellers would keep LoN and Heritage crate items untouched. They are EQ's version of Playstation 5, Xbox Series X, or event ticket scalpers.

I would rather pay Daybreak directly for a guaranteed illusion and mount bundle ($100+ range; like Gnome Heritage Bundle from FnF ToV or EQ2's Gilded Familiar Bundle). This is an actionable suggestion.
  8. Froglok Augur

This is not a new thing. It has been going on forever with more than just the Crates (chase loot, Krono, etc.). Players can either pay the price they seek, try to barter them down, try trading items with them, or a mix thereof... or not.

/shrug
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Benito like this.
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I am taken aback from the Krono reseller entrance into the LoN and Heritage crate market. It comes off like PS5, Xbox, or event ticket scalpers. You could always undercut them with Krono since it is readily available (off of the site).

I mean more power to resellers if they are willing to monitor all servers. And monopolization of the market benefits Daybreak in Krono sales. It keeps the game afloat.

I do think a guaranteed illusion and mount bundle (for $100) would help in the future.
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

So you are mad because you want to buy cheap and someone is preventing you from doing so? Got it. Supply and demand, bud.
    Benito likes this.
  11. Benito EQ player since 2001.

You're talking to the forum capitalist, bud. (I am the dude justifying Veblen goods). Do I care for supply-demand for your average Joe? Nope. Scalpers (Krono resellers/market manipulators) hurting average Joe? A little bothered - but I also understand that it can benefit Daybreak (force Krono sales).
  12. Svann2 The Magnificent

Aint nobody got time for that.
    Jennre, Duder and Benito like this.
  13. Zish Elder

OP be like "ALERT: EQ has an economy"
    Duder and Benito like this.
  14. Coagagin Guild house cat

A fool and his Kronos are soon parted...
    Issk and Benito like this.
  15. Jumbur Improved Familiar

In before "veblen good"! :p
  16. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Are you though? Scroll up... :)
    Elyssanda and Zynt like this.
  17. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

As I understand it with my feeble commerce knowledge, the more expensive they are, the more people will want them. Hence more crate sales for DPG, and more people coming to EQ to buy these expensive items from players. Let's really crank these up and break the bank for DPG. If you paid less than 20 kronos for one of these you should probably just delete it in shame. The big spenders will know, and they will shun you like nobody has ever been shunned before. The sky is the limit, everything cool should be 100 kronos, no 200 kronos! At this rate the fed will just adopt kronos to back the US dollar, and the world will follow behind. DPG will rule the world. Fun times!
    Jumbur likes this.
  18. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Dang! too late...:oops:

Could be fun to trick resellers to take turns reselling to each other repeatedly for ever increasing prices...

Bubbles are entertaining...:p
  19. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I retract my original post. The people have spoken.

15 Krono for 1 heritage illusion is $255 in Darkpaw's pocket. It's a small way of keeping the game afloat.

I'd still prefer to send $100+ to Darkpaw directly with a guaranteed illusion and mount bundle (like ToV FnF Gnome Heritage Bundle or EQ2's Gilded Familiar Bundles).
  20. Cicelee Augur

I mean, anyone can literally do that with anything in this game that is a tradeable limited time only item...
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.