Beta Reward

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Naugrin, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Straha Journeyman

Wow really? Well I guess it fits with the thinking for the expansion overall in some ways, rather than an illusion or merc skin anyone can use, for TDS let's give something only useable if you pay for HF. Yeesh, what a disappointment.
    Obiziana likes this.
  2. ~Mills~ Augur

I would gladly trade my SoD, UF, VoA, CoTF and TDS beta crap for SoF/PoR beta illusion clicks which I would actually use. Please and thanks.
  3. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

Kinda disappointed that it will require Hero Forge, but a reward is a reward.
    ps cube was awesome
  4. Berrad_Bounty Journeyman

i didnt realize i was going to be roleplaying as Paul Revere this week...Honestly if you do the beta and get the rewards, they should just give the option to choose any of the old ones you may have missed. One claim, one choice.
    Leex likes this.
  5. Leex Pewpewer

This ^
  6. Gnar Augur

Maybe it will bypass the need for hero forge unlock to use it, and hopefully 999 claimable. 1 ugly helm ornament claim that you would have to spend 1200 sc to use is priceless.
  7. Gumlakx Augur

The original design was a conical hat but they thought that would be too obviously insulting.
    Obiziana and Iila like this.
  8. Gnar Augur

Id of accepted any illusion item over a new hat to store in bank.
  9. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

Everyone liked the cube illusion. Everyone would like the new naga illusion from Tempest Temple.

Got hat.
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

This is part of a pattern. Like the veteran reward, the devs probably don't want to disappoint players who don't have access to either a 15th veteran reward or future beta rewards. This could also be a result of a lack of time and/or the 2014 SOE Live debacle ("balance" issue). I expect EQ's 2015 SOE Live reward to be toned down as well - say a big bag or experience potions.

With a good art team, illusions should be a growing part of the game instead of the reverse.
  11. Orbital101 Augur

Its a gift like it or not its free...The leest you can do is say thank you
    Tarvas, Yinla and Saave like this.
  12. Feradach Augur

It's far from a gift and certainly not free. A lot of people work really hard during beta.
    Fenudir, Saave and CaptAmazing like this.
  13. Gnar Augur

Ya sadly they seem to allocated all resources to other games. Im sure they will keep EQ around due to its still making them money as is with as little they have to invest into it anymore. Has been no updates to holiday quest in years either, they just keep giving us the old stuff from years past. There even getting bad with the release of the player studio stuff, past couple of weapon ornaments were put in game at wrong viewing angle so even though they have a nice graphic, they look horrible when using them. There to busy with H1Z1 early release issues.
  14. Khat_Nip Meow

I don't know about anyone else but I go onto Beta to test things because I'd prefer bugs that make it to Live are at a minimum.
    I don't care what the reward is. If it's something I like, great. If not then oh well. It's insignificant to me.
    Tarvas and Elricvonclief like this.
  15. Orbital101 Augur

We give to God expecting that He’ll bless us in return. We give of our time or resources with a mindset of, “Ok now you owe me one… You may not realize it yet, but you owe me one.” Hence, it is so easy for us to call on those we’ve helped in the past, because we unconsciously believe they owe us something. Everyone of us is guilty of this.

Always give without remembering. Always receive without forgetting
    silku likes this.
  16. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

This is part of a pattern. Like the veteran reward, the devs probably don't want to disappoint players who don't have access to either a 15th veteran reward or future beta rewards.

Except before it was hard to get into beta if you weren't in top raiding guilds, and nowadays everyone gets in eventually that fills beta app. Worst still, no more LoN as Blizzard completely schooled SOE with Hearthstone in how to make a card game.
  17. Gnar Augur

Though they stopped working on LoN its still making them cash with loot cards and kronos sales to trade for them. I thought they hinted on last dev chat they were going to do something with LoN.

I still yell at my wife for buying station cash for my kids freerealms accounts then they turned that game off. You cant use those accounts on other soe games due to they were for kids, so when you try to log them into another soe game they give the 'your account does not meet the minimum age requirement". Im sure theres other people who invested in the other soe games like starwars etc who are upset with the company.
  18. FcsevenXIII Augur

19. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I don't have HF. I don't want HF. I have everyone's HF turned off. I've had my HAT turned off since it became an option. What precisely am I going to do with an ugly hat ornament?
    Fenudir likes this.
  20. Gnar Augur

Apparently be lemmings and thank them graciously for helping them.