Beta poison crafting

Discussion in 'General Beta Discussion' started by Crandelston, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Crandelston Journeyman

It appears our book Osbdosmn will only allow us to read it in the original Tier'Dal lang from back in 2001. When we attempt to open it , it tells us we are attempting to read this is dark elvish. Which the lang did convert to. So this may need looking into. Also can we get some poison merchant loving in the crafthalls? Raw mats needed for these new combines as well? Not totally needed just easier.
  2. Ngreth Thergn Developer

There is a trick to the book :) And I refuse to give it away.
    The parts that are drops are on the "Raw Materials" merchant in crafthalls. When I get time I'll add all parts for all skills to this merchant, but that is likely next week,
  3. Crandelston Journeyman

While i like trying to figure out tricks it just seems there is nothing to go on. You open book is jibberish. Hail merchant he says nothing. There has to be a clue to figure out a trick in my opinion. hehe
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

There is a clue. You seem to not have found it. And I'm not pointing to the clue either :)
    Nolrog and Soju like this.
  5. daranged Lorekeeper

hm a trick or treat :)
  6. Kecpa New Member

Do not share this outside the Teir'dal race. To do is a betrayal.

Be warned! There definitely is a trick to it.
    Ngreth Thergn likes this.
  7. Sissruukk Augur

Are there poisons other than the ones mentioned in the book, Ngreth?
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

9. qucae New Member

That "trick" is painful on a high resolution monitor. Lots of squinting.

Is it intended for the poisons to have no class or level restriction on them?

Looks like the applied/wear off messages were not changed from the older items they're based on

Casting Draconic Formula gives the message: You poison your weapon with Arx Mentis Formula
    Casting Phlogiston Miasma gives the message: You poison your weapon with Ancient Miasma
    Casting Drachnid Toxin gives the message: You poison your weapon with Island Toxin
    Casting Acidic Abrasive gives the message: You poison your weapon with Waterlung
    Casting Draconic Poison gives the message: You poison your weapon with Mana Poison

For those that just want to know what we get:
    1) A direct damage for 16501 (mana poison = 16281 | etherbrewed toxin = 16171)
    2) A dot proc for 771/tick for 10 ticks
    3) Decrease melee haste by 35%, decrease movement by 50% and decrease 1hb chance to hit by 80% for 2 ticks
    4) Decrease str/dex/agi/sta/int/wis by 70 for 10 ticks
    5) A 661/tick dot + decrease AC by 528/Attack by 1201 for 4 ticks
  10. Ngreth Thergn Developer

thanks for the bug reports. I check the restrictions as well and compare.