Beta in about 2 weeks confirmed!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Crayon123, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Crayon123 Augur

Holly Longdale spoke @ 4:50 PM PST on the EverQuest / Daybreak Gnome Race Twitch Stream Broadcast (answering community questions).

Holly:
    "We are working on setting up the hardware for it now, expect the beta in about 2 weeks."

Carlos:
    "We also plan to have the server out by June, or sooner."
    "We can't speak about the second progression server just yet, we are going to wait to see how the first one does first." (i.e. the Quarm reference from past announcements).
  2. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

This is good news.
  3. Tudadar Augur

So they said quarm is a progression server? Guessing when they say see how the first one does they are talking about over a year timeframe and not 2nd server ready to open if its crowded. So would think this means just 1 server will be opening in june.
  4. Crayon123 Augur

Holly:

"We've also been talking about what it means to have a Classic server. That means items, graphics, models... and what that involves with the code."
  5. Crayon123 Augur

Stream just ended, tried for more questions.. they were a bit preoccupied with drinking beer and running their naked gnomes. I tried :eek:
  6. Vontod Augur

Sooooooo... it sounds like all the Christmas might have just came at once for some people. Cool beans
  7. Ducreux Augur

Thanks for watching the stream so the rest of us didn't have to. ;)
    Mezrah, Irbax_Smoo and Crayon123 like this.
  8. Crayon123 Augur

You're welcome :p Hopefully this is good news for some people.
  9. Vaclav Augur

Oh man, I'm a good guesser. (Not that there wasn't some data to go on - but I just hit a three point shot on my guess it looks)
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  10. TelinDarkforest Journeyman

Original art and graphics like the sky, npc models, original zones, spell effects, and music would be an incredible nostalgia-filled accomplishment.
  11. oleris Elder

just going to mention that roshen responded to a question from rogean.... circumstantial evidence, but something could be in the works.
  12. Potawatomi Augur

Quarm possibly seasonal server?
  13. Hateseeker Augur

I'm going to assume that this has nothing to do with much needed decisions with respect to upper level content, and at best would be, for example getting old Freeport back.
    MaestroM likes this.
  14. MaestroM Augur

Probably just getting old orc models back. Prathun (I think?) mentioned in the stream with Holly and Roshen a few weeks ago (16th anniversary?) something about models. I don't remember exactly what was said but he made it seem like it was something they could do at will.
  15. Ducreux Augur

As much as I'd love to see old freeport I hope they don't tack it on as a last minute decision. A huge revert like that needs a lot of testing to ensure that it doesn't break half the content inside of it.
  16. Tudadar Augur

The sooner then june comment kinda surprised me. Seems like its being rushed. I dont think they have even sent out emails or did any real advertising. I figured mid june would be good and give them enough time. 1 week of beta then server launch is kinda weird.
  17. Rhoulicas Augur

Yep, heard it, too. I also somehow managed to make it down to that basement and get some milk and cookies. Exciting.
  18. TelinDarkforest Journeyman

19. SnapVine Augur

it means we need better locks on the art supplies because someone got into the finger paints again :|
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  20. Ducreux Augur

I don't recognize it from EQ1 or EQ2.
    The dagger sort of looks like the rogue epic Ragebringer but with a different guard.