Best zerker dps aug?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Gommy, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Gommy Journeyman

I'm using a +19 damage aug in my Darkened Nathsar Greatsword, and I'm wondering if there is a better dps option? Yes, the 20 dmg one, sure, but is a proc + dmg more likely to boost sustained dps more?
  2. Behelit Augur

no
    Enkel likes this.
  3. Phrovo1 Augur

not sure why any pure melee class would choose a proc aug over a pure base damage aug (assuming the base savage is higher at all)
  4. Brohg Augur

Maybe new to melee, coming from hybrid or even caster classes.
  5. feeltheburn Augur

this
  6. Dropfast Augur

No doubt the 20 damage aug is the way to go for now. Being they haven't came out with any new Damage + proc augs in a few years. IF they make new Damage + proc ones with much more powerful procs like they came out with in EoK, It may become a comparison then. But it's still doubtful, pure damage has always trumped Damage + proc augs when it comes to melee DPS output.
  7. Cicelee Augur

I thought proc augments were acceptable for bards?

But to answer OP, the 20 dmg aug is best for berserkers...
  8. Phrovo1 Augur

acceptable for hybrids yes, not pure melee
  9. Brohg Augur

bards, rangers, and beastlords, all of whom benefit from "caster" multiplied crits on the procs, and whom all have AA "discs" to chain proc on every swing, AND don't have substantial real discs to multiply their actual melee - those classes don't use the maximum +dmg
    Phrovo1 and kizant like this.
  10. Phrovo1 Augur

still find threads like this and the monk one a while back kinda weird
    Brohg likes this.
  11. Gommy Journeyman

Ya, beastlord main since Luclin, when I retired the shaman. For beastlords, best dps augs are TDS era proc + dmg augs, apparently. Asking seemingly stupid questions are, believe it or not, how we learn. Now while I'm no smarter, I AM more knowledgeable. Cheers guys.
    Enkel and Rorce like this.