best xp camps in EQ

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by moogs, Jan 30, 2017.

1. moogs Augur

Last night I took a level 21 character with a few buffs, a tank mercenary and a pet to a spot in Blightfire Moors. I made 14 levels in 2 hours at the same camp. FTP players, people not using a tank mercenary, or the very badly geared may want to wait until level 25 or so. I've been coming here for several years but it's time to open up and share.

http://imgur.com/a/Oq7RV (directions from the Plane of Knowledge book)

You're looking for these white rats:
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=22655
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=22656

What I like about this camp:

1. It's a 5 minute jog from PoK.
    2. There are no other mobs roaming through the camp.
    3. The rats do not assist one another so you will always fight singles.
    4. They're pretty weak in both attack and defense.
    5. They drop okay loot (including Fresh Meat and Fine Feathers).

At level 24 I was making about 12% xp per kill. At level 34 I was still making about 4% xp per kill.
    Tzunamii and Sirene_Fippy like this.
  2. svann Augur

There's a nice mission in pok called Hatching a Plan. I did it for the mount upgrade but it also gave really good xp. At 21 I made 6 levels. Scales to level so it should be pretty good all the way up. See high elf by big bank.
    moogs likes this.
  3. moogs Augur

Yep, this one is pretty popular.
  4. Geroblue Augur

Yes, those white rats are good xp, they also drop some items that are good for plat. Like Fine pancreas.
  5. svann Augur

They didnt scale it to level as well as Id hoped. At 49 I did it again and most were light blue con. Only gained a couple levels. So Im gonna need a new best place real soon.
  6. moogs Augur

40-50, Howling Stones is my favorite. At 50 you should be getting pretty good XP in The Hole or Grieg's End or some place like that.
  7. karmalious Lorekeeper

My leveling spot compare hitpoints of mobs to xp gained. When you hit the 60's stay in Secrets of Fadwer expansion for as long as the xp continues.

35-46 Dulaks Harbor
    46-55 Planes of disease
    55-60 Crypt of Decay
    60-72 DragonScale hills and the farm quest
    72-80 Loping Plains
    80-85 Hills of Shade
  8. CrazyLarth Augur

9. Greldek New Member

Everytime I try to do this mission it gives a message saying that it's too dangerous and I can't.

I've tried on every character I have from level 1 to 67, and get the same message every time.
  10. Thash Zoner

Edit: multi post due to page errors.
  11. Thash Zoner

Edit: multi post due to page errors.
  12. Thash Zoner

A strange magical presence prevents you from entering. It's too dangerous to enter at the moment.
    This message appears when the instance hasn't loaded yet. Wait a moment, and try again.
    Greldek and moogs like this.
  13. svann Augur

Ive found it takes 30 seconds for an instance to load, sometimes a few more. Look at the timer in the quest log.
    moogs likes this.
  14. moogs Augur

This weekend my SK made some pretty crazy xp from about 53-61 in Grieg's End and then up through 67+ in Splitpaw. That's very well geared (mostly a full set of level appropriate defiant gear) with buffs from my boxes, plus had occasional company from new guildies. At around 63-64 I mixed in some molo time with a journeyman tank merc in Plane of Fire and Crypt of Decay. (Splitpaw was much better and is amazing all through the 60s, just as Grieg's End is amazing all through the 50s.)

You can get much better buffs beginning at 45 (up to level 60 buffs), 46 (up to level 65 buffs), then at 61 (up to level 95 buffs), and once you are 65 you can receive level 105 buffs. It's the biggest "overnight" power boost in the game, including re-gearing at level 80. Getting 105 buffs doubled the hitpoints for both myself and my mercenary and now my merc and I are slicing through multiple yellow cons like they aren't even there.

Having a Gold account helps (mostly for the merc). Having a couple of accounts with heroic toons to buff helps, though you can always just take the time to ask other players to buff you. Having some plat for gear helps too, though you can usually loot, trade or quest for a full set without too much trouble.
    Drusi likes this.