Best way to powerlevel from 85-100

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by kinadafz, Oct 3, 2017.

1. iVALADYANx That's a Necromancer

2 groups, pulling group can fight mob down then use bard mez/mem wipe, grp one avatar with the heroic...and kill the remaining mob hp. you can get to brother island without flags
    Parker likes this.
  2. kinadafz Augur

I hear a lot about Brother Island. What is so special about here? Is it just the non agro / social aspect? I wiped the place clean for about a week on my mains already but didn't notice anything substantial in XP, but I wasn't powerleveling either.
  3. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I always thought the biggest (only) draw of brothers island was the non-social/non-aggro behavior. But I didn't think that was really beneficial for regular players, that was only beneficial to botters. If you aren't a botter, brother's island is no better than any other zone in that expansion.

EDIT: the island was also known for its easy named spawns. But once you have their drops (an hour or two on the island, tops), they are only good for farmers looking for rares.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Would be good for kiters, too, no?
  5. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Yeah, but that's no way to power level :)
  6. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I wish they would remove or lower the minimum level for doing progression tasks in TDS and TBM (and maybe all expansions). I've done a lot of power-leveling and I always would have rather been progressing on a quest line than running in circles swarming, even if it takes 10x as long. Unfortunately, doing quests in earlier expansions (RoF/CotF and earlier) give relatively zero reward to higher level players, and lower-level toons can't participate in the quests for newer expansions due to the minimum level requirements.

I don't understand why EQ has had such a difficult time allowing low-level players to play with high-level players at the same time, while letting them both enjoy quests and gain exp/progress/gear for their toons. All it does is add one more artificial wall between players and fun times!
  7. kinadafz Augur

^^this^^

I was going to start progressing TDS with my shaman (lvl 92). I have most done with all my mains, but didn't want to finish unless I had my shaman with me.

Found out you have to be 95, ugh.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Never said it was. Was just pointing out it's good for more than just botters.
  9. Gnomeland Augur

Valley was excellent before the shadow knight nerfs ... Now I'm not so sure. Weapon life steal no longer works on riposte outside of one target, no? That kind of destroys shadow knight power level. Ranger is probably the best class for power level now.
  10. jabtonk17 New Member

Instead of using Ranger on goblins in FM, I use a Rogue throwing 10 delay darts. He procs a 320k assasination so fast its like a machine gun going off, especially with 2200 dex. Kills the Sarnaks in like 10-20 seconds. I use a SK with a healer merc outside of group, group the rogue with the PL'ees and its fast as hell 85-105. 95-105 is about 20-30 min a level, but thats on test. You can use summoned 15 delay throwing weapons but the lower delay is sick DPS, way faster than Ranger (got one of those course). I think FM is best, but trying out Droga, Chardok and even Gorowyn (for the level 109 sarnaks). FM respawn is just so fast and the exp so good. Ive done SK swarms Valley, RT, etc and my main is chanter, have done charming too but the rogue is by far the best PL method ive tried. I have 110s of almost every class now, and have yet to do a gribble? what the is a gribble
    Funk likes this.
  11. Funk Augur

Like Jabtonk said having a Tank group that is maxed and gets no xp and just holds agro while the XP group kills mobs is a great method. Rogue or Ranger you'll still get great xp, rogue is faster with those daggers like he said.
  12. IblisTheMage Augur

This. My heroic wizard is now a month-ish old, and is 105 with EoK T1 visibles (and heroic in most of the rest :-D). Don’t equip him, keep him invis until lvl 100, grind some xp. First 2-3 sessions was 3 lvls pr session. Cool thing is that adding a toon provides an xp bonus to all, but a low level toon will take a very small xp-cut.
  13. High Voltage Augur

Now, that you made this public, expect Assassination to be "improved" soon, so it will only proc during nighttime and only on grey cons and only while the sun shines onto your toon's face.