Best way to improve Throwing Skill

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Gundolin, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Gundolin Augur

I'd like to max my combat proficiency achievement. So I'm looking for the cheapest easiest way to maximize my throwing skill. For the actual advancement I'm working on it primarily by hunting named (killing placeholders) in HOT. I'm open for other locations but like the named since I can work on finishing off my hunter at the same time.

But I was wondering what is the cheapest easiest thing to buy to fit the ammo and ranged slot for a cleric? Since skill up is my only goal damage doesn't matter.
  2. Brudal Augur

Gundolin likes this.
  3. svann Augur

Id suggest going to the arena. Get your healer merc stuck on the wagon so you can back away from her far enough to throw and then turn on /autofire. Then go watch netflix for a couple hours.
  4. beryon Augur

Go to Ak'Anon. Free throwing items all over the place.
  5. Borek-VS Augur

Gnomes?
  6. Downtoplow Journeyman

Can just mark yourself puller in the middle of arena then back away from merc... I used the belt to max throwing on my shaman. Summon a couple thousand autofire and afk
  7. beryon Augur

Yes, you can carry a decent amount of them if your inventory is full of big bags. Alternatively, you can put up a big sign offering free beer and/or pie, and other varieties of throwing items will come to you.
    Your_Ad_Here and kraggnar like this.
  8. Shaantara Made of Moonlight

I did the quest for Bracer of Hammerfal with my cleric. It does require good CoV and Thurgadin faction but takes hardly any time at all to do and summons 100 throwing hammers at a time. The hammers are not No Drop and bracer is clickable from inventory.
  9. Critts Augur

You can also use Mysterious Belt of Daggers http://eq.magelo.com/item/128501 it can be traded I see it going for around 300k on my server. I recently did the partisans in Sepulcher of Order (sepulcher) and got two to drop off of trash. ( getting these partisan done requires untold amounts of killing.)