Best way to gain defense/weapon skills after powerlevelling?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FearlessTeapot, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Yawning Boredom New Member

I've found two ways that work at low levels too. The simplest is to not kill the monster. Just run to another zone or a guard who will kill it for you. The other way is to intentionally commit suicide by letting monsters kill you to take a loss in experience before you level up. This is totally pathetic. SOE made the game MUCH too easy and did not compensate increasing your weapons skill increases. When Everquest first started it was a major achievement to make level 20. Now it only takes two days. I played the game when it first came out and it was fun. I just started up again a few weeks ago and it is not nearly as good.
  2. Tegila Augur

i always used arena (i use EFP one sicne no one goes there to grief you, they cant /who you and see you're in arena like the arena zone itself) and would beat on each others' mercs, but i recently compelted a pet project of mine and didnt want xp mobs in the mix, nor would i want a healer merc taking the hits from heal aggro, so i tried what many are doing, i dueled my own main and fought its pet. found the 83 sk pet worked well with the 76 sk to get her defensives etc up without ever needing to be healed (shes in raid gear and i didnt buff or equip the pet) and then when her defensives were all maxed i turned the pet's attack off and kept beating on it, now buffed and with HoT on it, in guild hall where it wouldnt fall off, to finish out the offensives that were behind. worked great, and with a pet you can even park the alt and the pet in antoher room so it doesnt spam everyone, and keep the main in the main area (i had my pet guard when i did this and it was after i was done with the defensives bc she'd get moved here and there with push.

there are lotta things you can do for offensives..if the toon's still low enough that the inactiveclockwork in steamfont is green yet, it wont hit back, find a place with weak greens like TBS that was mentioned, and letem bang on it etc, it all works. powerlevelled alts do need these skills worked up but these ones will work up in the course of normal battle quite well, the hardest thing to work up is spellcastign abilities unless you're a bard. i did find i got some nice skillups inadvertently on my twink sk because her aas were all maxed and her procs skilledu p a lot of them, the rest ill have to finish off manually casting over and over though lol