Best way to catch up?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Dontee, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Dontee Elder

Hi there,

I havent played in years. My highest character is a lv 71 necro. I am wanting to come back and hopefully level him up to be able to group with people (assuming people still group at the higher end of the level scale?)

Can you suggest the best way for a casual necro to "catch up"?

Would it be with a merc ("molo" is it called?) If so can you suggest a zone and merc type? I used to kite as a necro when solo, what would I do now? I havent played with a merc. Do I just get a tank merc and DPS? Is there a shot at grouping at 71-100?

TIA in advance.

Also, I am F2P at the moment until i see how it goes. Will that severely limit me?
  2. Kurayami Augur

Most necroes I believe either Kite, root-rot, or use a pet with a healer merc. I believe this strategy depends on the zone, if monsters summon, etceteras. Necro pets become extremely good tanks at later levels, but for now I'd highly recommend finding good kite zones to get yourself up to the 90 + range.
  3. Gnar Augur

Check out Necrotalk.com they have a great hunting/exp by level section on their forums. That site is loaded with very useful necromancer specific information.

Also welcome back to EQ.
  4. Gladare Augur

The aa cap will limit your progression quite a bit once you reach a certain point. There are ways around it though.
  5. Elricvonclief Augur

Welcome back.

I'd join a family guild to help with groups, go gold so you can use the assorted augs/gear/spells, and be pro active when forming groups/inviting folks that are LFG. Try to build a friends list :)
  6. Borek-VS Augur

Melee dps merc and aggro kite, at least to start with. The TSS zones you may remember (Icefall, etc) are still effective, plus Katta Castrum from TBS and Loping Plains.