Best TLP server is... Pop locked, No Box, MEGA Server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, Dec 1, 2020.

1. OliverQ Elder

Locked servers get boring fast. There are only so many alts you can run through Plane of Time before it gets pointless.
    Skuz likes this.
  2. sumnayin Augur

Yeah, only 17+ months to get boring....so fast. Unlike regular servers that stay heavily populated and fun for all for years and years....oh yeah 98% of the population is gone in 17 months anyways.
  3. Corwin2015 New Member

I play on Agnarr. Dumping players to Agnarr would be OK on a yearly basis, as long as we original players on Agnarr get to keep our names. An option would be to allow those players to dump to Agnarr or another server that is at the same progression level.

Casual players love Agnarr because if they take a break, when they come back they can still be relevant. The only thing I wish Agnarr had was guild halls, player housing, and merc. Have my cake and eat it too.

I would agree if you had another locked server that locked at level 90 I would play because I would get to experience guild halls, player housing and mercs. Would there be any chance to be able to add these 3 things to Agnarr?

Thinking about starting on the next TLP and trying to stay ahead of the curve. Not feeling left behind because I can't play all day every day like some people is my desire. I think this is the desire of many players and that is why TLP works and is used in the beginning every time.

Please announce when this year's TLP will be so that we can be excited. What kind will it be? Being on equal footing is a big desire by many. Find a way to make that happen. Until then, TLP will continue to be used by players at least in the beginning when they don't feel so far behind.

Thanks for listening/reading/thinking about the comments.
  4. OliverQ Elder

I would like to see another Selo-style TLP without truebox. 3 month unlocks are just way too long for how many expansions there are.
  5. Corydon Augur

They might be garbage to you because you are an ignorant person obviously. They are the best type of TLP for others. I love playing on Agnarr. But I am not going to the forums to tell everybody that non-locked servers are garbage. Please get some tolerance and wisdom under your belt, padawan...
  6. Corydon Augur

Locking a server makes total sense. Not everybody wants to chase the carrot from xpac to xpac all the time. Also, why do people like to trash talk ideas when they don't agree with them? Ever heard of live and let live? Apparently I am too soft skinned for this world full of backseat drivers (to put it mildly)... /sigh

Peace.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Once.

It made sense one time only so far.

When I see hundreds of posts asking for a level 70 locked server I will change that opinion, 10-20 over the past 12 months is completely insufficient to justify it being done a second time.
    jeskola likes this.
  8. jeskola pheerie

I've seen way more "please open GOD on Agnarr" and "please let us transfer off Agnarr to another TLP when it is in POP" posts than people asking for another locked server.
  9. jeskola pheerie

A small handful of players prefer a locked server, and they already have one. It would be a waste of dev time and resources and a major disappointment to (almost) all those chomping at the bit for a new TLP.
    Skuz and Machen like this.
  10. Machen New Member

This. The whole point of Agnarr was that there would never need to be another one. Anyone who wants a locked server can play on Agnarr and start at any time and there will always be plenty of population. Or so we were told.
  11. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

There is definitely no good reason to have a second PoP locked server. The idea of doing it again and dumping to Agnarr isn't bad since it at least lets them recycle the server in a short time-frame. With that said, I don't know if that model would be popular for a fresh launch. I mean for the people who bail after Classic, or Kunark, or Luclin, or PoP, it gives them what they care about with a new TLP. The only people who would be upset would be those who want to ride the server to live or somewhere in between. So maybe it could work in theory and give quick TLP restarts which some people seem to want.

I do like the idea of a new locked TLP that locks later than Agnarr, like PoR or TSS era (whatever is last exp pack of that level range). Not that I would start fresh on it, but might transfer from Agnarr if I ran out of things to do at a 65 lock. Still it may not be popular as a concept since it seems most who love TLP love the early content and jump to the next TLP after that.

Realistically they could just have a fresh TLP that wipes and starts over every time Luclin is completed and never worry about going to live. But I'm sure they have a better idea of what makes money and what draws in players, I'm just throwing stuff out there.
  12. Gheed Is not reading your response

sounds awful
  13. Corydon Augur

I'd like it more if it was OoW locked :eek:)
  14. Machen New Member

Why would you dump anyone to Agnarr? By most of the posts here, the players on Agnarr are desparate to go anywhere else but Agnarr.
  15. Xeris Augur

That's just dumb, lol. Agnarr has a consistently stable pooulation of players that like Agnarr. I'd not xfer off Agnarr. I may play an oow lock server seriously if one ever comes out, but otherwise I've never played another tlp for more than 5-6 weeks.
  16. Machen New Member

Great, so there's 1 of you that doesn't want to xfer off.

Edit to add -- if you search forums for "Agnarr" you don't have to scroll very far before most of the posts are asking for a transfer off.
  17. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

If you search the forums for Agnarr you get two pages with 30 posts, two of them are asking if there will be transfers to Mangler, none of the others are about transferring off. Maybe that's only the TLP forum posts, but that's where I would expect Agnarr players to ask stuff like that.

As far as people wanting to leave, I never see it come up in general chat. Anybody who started on Agnarr knew what they were getting into. Maybe they did everything they wanted to do and now would like to keep the character and move on. Still, that's not most people.

But as to why you would dump anyone to Agnarr, I was pretty clear in my post as to why. There is no point in having more than one PoP locked TLP. That's not to say there is no point in starting a second PoP locked TLP, there's just no reason for them to exist side-by-side once they are locked. So if they did launch another one, it would make sense to merge it into Agnarr at some point after the last expansion has been completed.

And before you say there is no reason to start another PoP locked TLP, the people who constantly post about only caring about Classic, or up to Kunark/Luclin/PoP, or the race to 50, those people would like a word with you. Sure, most of the characters that would be merged into Agnarr in this scenario wouldn't get played, but they won't get played if they ride to live and merge into a live server either. Merging into Agnarr would free up the server faster for use in the next TLP launch also.

As far as I'm aware, Agnarr is more populated than any TLP that is in a later expansion. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but the server has a good community with people who help others. It has gained players recently, including a guild where people are playing self-enforced perma-death.

Anyway, if they never do another locked TLP that's fine, but if they do another PoP-locked one they should dump it to Agnarr rather than maintain two of them. That's what I'm saying. And additionally that if they do a locked server in a later era, that transfers from Agnarr could be allowed at some point, to facilitate the ladder system some have asked for in the past.
  18. Tweakfour17 Augur

Mangler is more populated. From the forums Agnarr seems to be about as populated as Phinny. Ragefire also has a decent population from what I can tell but they almost never post about their server so it's hard to tell. Coirnav might have around the same as Agnarr or maybe a bit lower and then Selo followed by Miragul in dead last.
  19. Finnster Elder

a PoP locked server is definitely NOT the best TLP server.
    Honestly: Just because YOU want to stop at a certain expansion, why make it stop for everybody? You can just abandon the server when it reaches the next xpac.

just to say it again: Just because you thought that 3rd Grade was the best Grade in school, I'm pretty sure your classmates are happy they moved on and graduated.
  20. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

There is no best TLP server, not everybody wants the same thing. That's why they usually launch two at a time, and try different approaches.