Best time to grind AA

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Phiyre, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Phiyre Augur

I am currently a silver player. My highest lvl toon is 85. When is a good time to grind out AA. I am asking because I will, at some point, upgrade to all access. I am guessing once you hit a certain lvl AA's come quickly. I have heard hit 90-95ish and you can bank AA like mad. Just looking for feedback so I can get my toon(s) to the appropriate lvl and grind :)
    Thanks
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I'm confused. If you're not all-access, you can't get any AAs (it's capped). If you are all access, you can auto-grant the AAs through level 95 (might be 100 in two weeks when the new expansion drops). So there won't be any AA grinding til you're at least 96.

Upgrade to all-access whenever you want, but definitely do it by the time you hit 96. I think earlier is better, to get the AAs sooner. But either way, til 96, you're only grinding levels, so it won't change how long it takes to get there*, just whether you have access to the AAs as you level.

Tat

* - If the AAs help you get XP faster, then going all-access sooner will help you level faster.
  3. Yruc Augur

As a "silver" account I believe you are limited to only a max of a 1000aa's. As a free to play player a max of only 250 and no limit on All access. If you are going to all access at some point, then I wouldn't worry about any AA's. The only AAs that auto-grant doesn't give you are the tradeskills and "special" and merc ones. If you want some AAs before you go all access then just follow the older AA guides out there and grab the important ones, but before 85 really do not need a lot of AAs (sure makes it easier, but not absolutely necessary. I think the only one that is really really mandatory for all my characters is the run speed AA cause I hate being slow... but just a personal choice there.
  4. Phiyre Augur

Thanks for the replies. Sorry I wasn't more clear. I plan to go all access after grinding as far as I should before starting on aa. Maybe I should have asked what time it was best to stop leveling and focusing on getting AA.
    Something I also just realized, I don't own the most recent xpacs, so don't think I can lvl past 95 ;)
  5. Bigstomp Augur

Nowadays, 100 is unlocked I think with FTP. And you'll be close enough to group with actual players. So I'd level up, soak up the autogrants, then you're caught up enough to be useful in a group and can mix aa and level from there. (gear tends to come in tiers, often something like 93 will be a new set of gear - so stop at a level tier for gear)
  6. Gundolin Augur

You can have a boat load of AA's autogranted when you go All Access so I would just grind regular xp and ignore AAs entirely until you get your autogrant.

I stopped gaining levels and just worked on quests at level 95 and finished most of the House of Thule expansion. Though I found the HoT expansion interesting looking back on it, this was a mistake. A realistic goal at level 105 is for 100 AA's per day in CoTF DH/HA's. Getting the same number of AAs at level 95 in HoT would take three times the effort.

So basically what I'm saying is take the Autogrant AAs and then focus primarily on level upgrades, depending on class there may be a few essential AAs you need before hitting 105 but you should focus primarily on level and AAs secondary, IMHO. :)
    moogs likes this.
  7. Phiyre Augur

TYVM, that helps a ton. Been away so long but man, this game is still a classic...