Best Tank

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by PIERRE STEUBEN, Feb 9, 2018.

1. PIERRE STEUBEN Journeyman

Hey guys I am wanting to know what the best Tank is for moloing T1 and T2 named in RoS providing they are max AAs and raid geared.
  2. TheStugots Augur

None of them.
  3. PIERRE STEUBEN Journeyman

Can any class do it?
  4. Tucoh Augur

Shadowknight. Warriors pull ahead in tanking only when they have a lot of healing back up. Paladins are best vs undead, but I'm not sure by what margin.
  5. Fohpo Augur

Still awaiting instructions for the zerk box
  6. PIERRE STEUBEN Journeyman

How about beastlord and mage?
  7. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Shadowknight by far.
  8. Kolani Augur

Beastlord can, I've seen one kill the named at the entrance to Gorowyn molo. I really don't think either of the knights can, and probably not warriors. I've moloed VP key droppers as a sk, and it took forever and I was low on mana by the end of the fight.
  9. Tucoh Augur

10. fransisco Augur

Just to clear up the paladin comment. Paladins do more damage vs undead (otherwise they are the lowest dps tank by a huge margin). But they do not tank undead better than the others
  11. Soulsiphon Elder

If you are boxing. Warrior, Cleric, Bard is the absolute best 3 box in the game and can do all progression from CotF through RoS all partisans/group missions and mercenary quests.
  12. Soulsiphon Elder

SO Tank is not as good as a warrior. SKs have an innate 20% less physical damge reduction than Warrior. A warrior with a cleric box will be far better than a SK with a cleric box.
  13. Tucoh Augur

14. Soulsiphon Elder

Nope switched from SK to warrior made an amazing difference. SK tanks are worse than Mage pets. Warrior I hardly take any damage.
  15. p2aa Augur

I would not disregard paladin so easily.
    Paladin self healing is better than SK self healing (active casting heal spell > passive self healing relying on tap crit), which makes paladin the most sturdy of the 3 tank classes in group content.
    Paladin is probably less sustained DPS than the others, but they can put a good burn on named when needed. Also, while a SK might need 1h + shield to tank a mob, paladin might be able to tank it with a 2H, and 2H DPS > 1h + shield.
    Also, I want to disrupt a feeling for non tank that could appear in the answers given in this thread that for moloing SK > War > Pal.
    When moloing current content, a paladin destroys a warrior. Warriors are by far the worst soloers of the 3 tank classes, because they are unable to replenish their HP bar like knights can do.
  16. p2aa Augur

What ? Which ability / AA make SK take 20 % more dmg than warriors ?

What ? I'm sorry, but if in group content your SK tanks worst than your warrior or even a mage pet, you are terrible at playing a SK. I would suggest you to learn how to play the class before posting such stupid nonsense.
  17. Troutfest Augur

It seems to me that nowadays no one wants to claim their class is the best tank, since the fear of getting a Nerf brought down on you is real. It's always another class now.
  18. fransisco Augur

Lie much?
    The only thing a earth pet MIGHT have over a tank is a few more hp.
    They dodge like a barn does. They have crap for agro (worse dps than a paladin). They have no snap agro abilities, no ae agro. Cannot hold agro on multiple mobs. Happily let mobs hit them from behind.
    Shall I go on?
  19. shiftie Augur

Shiftee = best tank
  20. Bigstomp Augur

We're all close enough that best comes down to particular situations.