"Best" tank for group content.

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Freaper, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Venur Lorekeeper

So war are besther a group and raid tanking, molo bether then knithr (minus SK when FD pull is a 5h

Thing) . They also beat them at DPSing while tanking if im not mistaken. They have no spell so basicaly they can just hotkey all of their tools and dont have to make choice on spell gem.

Why do I play a pally again ?
  2. p2aa Augur

You are terrible in many ways.
    1) Each tank does well in group content, many people have told you this and not only warrior
    2) You are very mistaken our tanking stance reduces our dps, and a knight with 2H will beat a warrior in his defensive stance.
    3) Warriors have no spells, but they have a variety of stuff to use, that require choice / knowledge of when to use them at the right time.

Try again.
  3. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Knights actually molo better due to self-healing, allowing them to replace the healer merc with a wizard merc on burn. No competition there. Shadow Knights also win when comparing DPS-while-tanking because they have higher DPS output to begin with and also Warriors have significant penalties attached to their tanking/DPS stances (SKs are not slapped with mitigation/defensive skill penalties for having a 2H weapon equipped the way a Warrior does, and a Warrior with a shield out is garbage DPS).

You play a Paladin for the greater utility that comes with being able to emergency heal, buff, and cure. You should have noticed fewer problems with aggro generation after Being given the Bold Attacks AA (which Knights got with an extra 25% modifier over Warriors, which I still don't understand).

What Warriors truly do better than the rest is mitigation/survivability, but at the cost of utility and requiring a babysitter (healer). Being a tank and playing these classes is so much more than mitigation, though.
    Dre. and Mayfaire like this.
  4. Bashiok Crownguard Augur

I heroic'ed an SK and it felt weird. Back in the day I would use darkness/disease cloud to keep agro then we got cool stuff like spears and whatnot.

I found a heroic SK guide and used the spell line-up that they recommended but I was doing lower level content and I felt like my spells were all fluff compared to the priests/casters that I'm used to playing. e.g. Lifetaps when I'm full health, dots that don't do full damage prior to the mob dying.

I get that I shouldn't really be doing low level content on a heroic character but I was using it to powerlevel my other classes on Rathe or Bristlebane.

On paladin or warrior I feel like I love fellstrikes/crits or pally crushes/stuns or the big heals/lay hands. As an SK, are there iconic spells that I'm supposed to feel good while using in combat or do they all contribute to a mediocre feeling when casting? I'm not really a fan of gutpunch or knee strike either but I was able to put those all on one button.
  5. Ravengloome Augur

If you have to ask I don't think you'd understand the answer
  6. Raptorjesus5 Augur

In my experience, at least after a certain level, the difference between the tanks in group content is so minimal that it doesn't matter. Warriors are more reliant on others, but hey that's what the group part of group content is for. But what do I know I'm just a filthy casual.