Best Solo and Molo class?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by ChaosU, Mar 12, 2017.

1. ChaosU New Member

I wonder what class ranger or Bst is the best Solo/Molo class and how are they compared to necromancers and SKs? And I'm talking from level 1 to 105.
  2. ChaosU New Member

And what play style do you apply to do it??
  3. Kravn Augur

EoK has a lot of good headshot areas so Rangers can do pretty well soloing for AA, however if you wanna kill named and pretty much anything else, the Beastlord has a definitive advantage in the solo/molo department.
  4. fransisco Augur

solo molo - look at sk/necro.
    SKs are awesome broken right now, and necros - well they always were one of the most powerful classes.
    Ranger/bst are not gonna be killing many named solo unless they are in raid gear.
  5. ChaosU New Member

How are the beastlords play style ? And is rangers only good at HS kiting? As solo?
  6. ChaosU New Member

Necro and SK was a Compare thing since I know how they work but not BST or RNG. But if you ask me SKs are OP yes but boring to play and since SWARMing is basically a past with the changes on PTR why play a SK. I really like to know the differences between the RNG and BST and know how there play styles are and how they SOLO/MOLO..
  7. fransisco Augur

SKs are beating out bst/rng in dps parses, so thats not just swarming.

Unless you can snare and do alot of damage from a distance, you will need to tank it.
    Rangers cant solo named. Bst can slow and pet tank ok. If you're gonna solo, bst would be better than ranger.
  8. Fle2ch Elder

In my opinion SKs are good but the question was also about molo as well as solo.
    For taking down old bosses I found a Pally was much better than an SK for the job due to the ability to heal the merc from rampage damage..
    With an SK anything other than a healer merc will die, the Pally on the other hand can take a dps merc and heal the rampage damage making it a much better Molo option for me.
  9. Derka Power Ranger

Beastlord will have a lot easier of a time playing solo and molo than a ranger. As a ranger yes you can do it but it's harder. A pet can tank a lot easier than we can. Just learning my beastlord but ranger burst damage is far superior so far. I can tank most tier 2 named in eok for group on ranger but that takes everything and can molo a lot of tier 1 also. Both classes are great and have their benefits but rangers do better in a group setting unless you just headshot all the time
  10. Vdidar Augur

Shadowknight's are still wicked OP despite what a few might try to tell you so if your looking for a solo/molo type i'd recommend that personally
  11. fransisco Augur

fd is huge for solo.
    Unlike other classes fades, fd is always up, and always works (baring bad luck with spells being cast).
  12. Kravn Augur

Beastlords get FD around lvl 75 =)
  13. Chaosflux Augur

Beast lord FD has a higher fail rate than Monk FD.

You have fallen to the ground or whatever happens about 20% of the time. Which can/will kill you at some point, especially if you a re e under the belief it never fails.
  14. fransisco Augur

never did I say it never fails.
    But it is FAR more reliable than the fades other classes get. If a ranger fade fails, well... try again in 5 minutes.
    With fd, if it fails, stand up and try again.

FD also offers protection when there is no where to run.
  15. Transporter Lorekeeper

There's no wrong answer, play toward your class of choice strengths. I play many and solo/molo'd most of the time.
  16. Tanlie New Member

If your willing to put in the work definitely go BST for solo or molo with a DPS merc and handle your own heals. As long as your gear isnt horrible you can take on anything appropriate to your level, named included.
  17. smash Augur

Still some time between each fd, and at beginning very big fail ratio and long time between tries
  18. ChaosU New Member

Thank you all for the answers. So what is the play style for a BST? Is it just pet tanking and stand next to it and auto hit and nuke? So it's not that far from the SKs Tank n Spank kind of play style? I hoped for some more flavor or maybe some action.. at leased it seems ranger is running back and forth killing humanoids or grouping. And the others is stand still after you have positioned your self and pet so 1 of you always hit in the back..
    If that's the case if it's Tank n Spank SK or Pet Tank n spank who is the best of the 2? SK?
  19. ChaosU New Member

When you say willing to put in the work. What do you mean? That I have to get a lot of gear before I can play BST as level 85?
  20. Kruler Journeyman

I have tried quite a few combo's now Molo as I have no desire to box, I have used the following to base my results.
    Speed that I had lvl'd, (using same path for last 6 combos)
    How engaged did I feel, did I enjoy, was there much down time.

1........SK/healer merc from lvl 25 (some will cry WHY not tank merc, but had more fun with healer and melee mercs.
    2....... Necro/healer merc just fun combo no matter what angle you approach from.

3....BST/tank merc

These are solo/molo results in groups I will always go with the Necro as that is my group playstyle and personnel choice, not hive mind choice, (looking at the 300% increase in zerker pop) joke guys, love the zerker, I didnt enjoy playing it, but enjoy it in my groups a whole heap.