Best place to get solo XP for upcoming bonus xp weekend?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by BQLIFE, Nov 1, 2012.

1. BQLIFE New Member

Just started playing again after some time off and want to get to 95 ASAP. Play a 91 monk with decent gear, where would be the best place to solo XP?

Used to be mech guardian or beza instances were the best because of quick kills and no competition for mobs but XP there 91+ is way too slow.

Any ideas?
  2. Mintalie Augur

Some would still argue Mech guardian or beza but I also found the xp too slow past 91. As a monk, I'd suggest just plowing through Feerrott, as it's a hotzone and quite a few mobs will con light blue. At 94 I'm getting 6% xp on a lesson burn, so with the bonus weekend you're looking at 12% xp per hour, and if you're smart and drink some xp pots it will really bump that number up.

Valley of Lunanyn and Beasts Domain have mobs a'plenty as well.
  3. BQLIFE New Member

Does the hotzone bonus XP carry over to the instanced versions of the zone?
  4. Mintalie Augur

I'm inclined to presume that it does but honestly don't know.
  5. BQLIFE New Member

Bummer, well thanks for the feedback anyways!
  6. Nylrem Augur

I would check Korascian Warrens as well. Pretty easy to test it... check your xp, pop lesson, n grind in feerrott for 30 min, then do same in warrens tomorrow... compare.... choose highest, n grind away, heh.
  7. Therisa Elder

From what I've seen the hotzone bonus exp does not carry over to instances.

I'd say Feerott as well if you can handle the mobs there. Mostly a guess though as I'm not familiar with monks..
  8. doktartp Augur

pick a zone thats not headshotable, so i would stay away from ferrott or warrens.
    mass killing light blues is always good, for MMM/steamfactory/top of mech it works well on mass.
  9. Falos Augur

Yeah it without a doubt does not work in instances.
  10. Recnarp Augur

It works in instances. (both hotzone experience + the double experience)
  11. Geroblue Augur

I had no problem kicking a 39th level shammy Barbarian up to 42 in Hidden Halls on saturday with adventure 1 running. Didn't take me long at all. Hidden Halls is an instance off Nedaria's Landing.

My old EQ site has a link and how to get there.
    http://evergame.drivein-jim.net/screenies/fh0004.html

Ah, I don't have the replies back to the NPC on my site, but they are in brackets when he speaks and should be obvious.
  12. Nolrog Augur

I think you mean Forgotten Halls.
  13. Cakeny Augur

Too bad it stops scaling at 65.
  14. Geroblue Augur

Whoops. Yup, Forgotten Halls.
  15. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It depends on the instance, but most of them, without a doubt it does most certainly work.