Best mob to parse dps from an entire group?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by mmats, Mar 14, 2018.

1. mmats Augur

I want to parse an entire group's dps, in order to test synergies and adps abilities on all characters working in unison. The problem with the arena dummies on test server is that only the owner of the dummy can cast spells on it. And I believe guild hall decorative dummies have the same restriction?

Is there any simple tank-and-spank raid mob from an older expansion that has enough hps to allow my group to get a 30s to 1m parse? (Dont own RoS yet)
  2. Beeferx Journeyman

Arx Raid, can pull one of them out and parse it for a long long time at the zoneline.
    mmats likes this.
  3. mmats Augur

Not familiar. Which Arx raid do you mean?
  4. Aurastrider Augur

If you own a house you can place a combat dummy in it btw if this would be simpler or ask your guild leader to adjust the settings so you can interact with the combat dummy in the guild hall. Its rather pointless to have it there if members cant utilize it. If you do go the house route just add all your toons that want to test it as co owners and this should grant them testing abilities. If you actually decorate your house and don't want it messing up your design just place it in the closet when you are done testing.
    mmats likes this.
  5. Tucoh Augur

The dummies in my guild hall allow casting from everybody on it, and I use it for parsing regularly.

The problem I have with parsing in the guild hall is that most buffs don't tick down so it's not realistic.

mmats, you may want to try giants in scorched woods or frontier mountains. I don't know which ones don't have that PBAE knockback, but they have generally low damage and high HPs.
    mmats likes this.
  6. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

sarnak golems in chardok also have high hp's.

or yes use the dummies, they suck at parse but give you an idea. I mean I get undead slays for 1.8 mil, on a mob in a raid it's closer to 1.2 mil...
    mmats likes this.
  7. mmats Augur

Yea I figured out guildhall dummy does allow everyone to cast on it simultaneously. Its the best bet even though buffs dont downtick, I can do a full 60s burn.

Trash mobs (golems/giants) dont have enough hps for me to do a full group burn parse.
  8. Aurastrider Augur

I know one of my old guild mates would use a timer with the dummy near the door and exit at a certain point in time for more realistic data. Still probably not the same as a regular mob but it is a consistent test non the less. This might give more realistic data for burns. It would be cool if there was a testing area in the lobby where things ticked down for testing purposes.
    mmats likes this.
  9. IblisTheMage Augur

Dummies do not have an aggro list, so Of Many does not function on them.
    mmats likes this.