Best Group dps?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by bluehealer, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Soulstealler New Member

Wanna rock the whole game in easy mode? Make a magician, and get a cleric merc. There you just won the group game without trying very hard!
  2. Enkel Augur

fixed that for you:p
  3. Piemastaj Augur

Works for way more then Magicians lol. But I fixed it for you.
  4. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Rogues are being quiet, but they are pulling ahead on the burns and sustained. CoTF gave them some really nice boosts.

Someone said it already about the flavor of the week. It's pretty accurate. Monks were just about dead in most area's of the game before RoF. I think we had 2 in guild from T2 VoA through all of Sepulcher. RoF came, and monks got a TON of help in burst and sustained. They have always been pesky survivors, but they got more help in that dept. too. Next thing you know, there were double the monks in the roster.

Towards the end of RoF, rogues were dwindling. Their burst had fallen below Zerk and Monk, their sustained was very poor without perfect conditions. They took far too much work to even put out the numbers that they could. CoTF released, and they went from the rare 90k parse to 150k parses. Sustained went from 12-15k to 25-30k.

Granted, all of these parses are relative to your guild, your raid structure, and raid content. Even with the variance, you can see rough outlines of the ebb and flow of the game and classes. I have seen parses of berserkers doing 260k DPS over 65s. It's all relative.

My point though, is that if you want to be the top melee dps all the time... you are going to have to main change every couple of expansions.

If you want to be just the top DPS period, roll a wiz and cycle 9 abilities/nukes and out-parse everyone.

#charliesheen #winning #tigerblood
  5. Enkel Augur

Rare 90k burst parse? Are you talking about raid or group burst parse? Only reason I ask is because you list berserker with 260k burst, which I assume you are talking about raid parses there.
  6. Brogett Augur

I don't think "pulling ahead" means what you think it means. Rogs hit 150k is pulling ahead of zerkers hitting 260k apparently by your post. I think not!

Rogs did get a much needed gain in CotF, but we're not much ahead of monk on burn (if at all) and considerably behind them on sustained. So still the choice is berserker for burn, monk for sustained and rog if you unfortunately can't get a monk.

You're correct though that the top slot tends to change every few years, so chasing the best dps is a fools game. Instead the best strategy is gather data and try to promote changes to keep all 3 melee dps roughly in check and balanced.
  7. Denial_Sinfae Augur

The rogues I witness are in my own guild.

The berserker parses are from another server, in a top 5 guild usually with much more overall DPS than my guild puts out. Their raid make-up I am sure is much more DPS oriented than my guild (the only one on server to be done with RoF--- nonetheless CoTF)

I've never personally seen a zerker do over 110k. Apparently they were able to do that in VoA. Who knew? As stated many times, all of the data is relative to events, people, guilds, raid-makeup, etc so on and so forth.

Our rogues are out bursting & sustaining our monks. Can expect to see our monks doing between 90 and 110k regularly. Rogues are hovering between 100-150k. Sustained our rogues are sitting in the 25-30k range, where our monks are sitting in the 20-25k range. Another guild with different people and different support could see entirely different outputs.

This is also the raid game I am referring to, not the group game, which the OP was speaking of. I was merely using what I see (raid game) to provide a rough look and provide examples of the classes over time to re-enforce the concept............... you can't always be the best. Pick what you like.
  8. Songsa Augur

About rogue burst 150k is not very high if you compare to what all other burst classes can do (mages, wiz, berserkers) without the need to find the back of a tiny, laggy, warping, turning around and sometimes nearly invisible raid boss.
  9. Soulstealler New Member

I am wearing pretty much top end raid gear. Zerkers in my guild can hit 300k on those 1 min burns that I hit 130 to 150ish k. The part that makes it so bad isnt that they do double what I do in a burn, its that rangers and monks are doing the same numbers as us with VASTY more to bring to the table, pulling punting, mooving mountains, rooting, weaponshield, snare, mend, buffs, heals, ....do I need to go on? POISONS ARE NOT THE SAME! there before that gt thrown out there.
  10. dpsdpsdps Elder

you guys must have some bad monks if your rogues are out sustaining them...and idk about other monks but i'm 100, max aas, t2 rof/cotf raid geared and my sustained never goes below 35k unless i look away and forget to use my kicks..really paying attention and picking a nice disc chain so i can keep atleast one disc up at all times..no one out dps' me on raids except wizards and necros. maybe in the burst but never over the duration of the raid.
  11. Langya Augur

Thought this was about grouping.

Anyway, make a monk if you want to be social. Or make a mage and a necro to box if you don't want to be social.