Best Group dps?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by bluehealer, Oct 13, 2013.

1. bluehealer Journeyman

So which is best pure melee for a group (assuming that support is not available most of the time). Monk? Zerker? rogue?
  2. Nedrom Augur

Iksar Monk!
    Ishtass likes this.
  3. silku Augur

Monks seem to be pretty stout lately. If you had a bard &/ beastlord in your group I'd say zerker.. dunno otherwise.
  4. Kaliblessed New Member

With new expansion, rogues got a nice boost. My rogue has almost maxxed aa's and rof t4 gear and he smokes my zerker with similar gear/aa by a big margin.
  5. Izcurly Augur

Question can't be answered without knowing the context of group makeup. How is this pure melee supposed to operate? Do they have to tank as well as dps? Do you care more about continuous dps or burst dps? Are their utility functions of any import in the decision? Are you able to position and mash the right buttons or are you just going to use autoattack and lose out on half the dps regardless of choice?
  6. Gragas Augur

No support? Go monk. Wanna tank stuff? Go monk. Sustained DPS? Go monk. Burst DPS without support? Go monk.
  7. Piestro Augur

This is the most accurate statement. Without knowing your particular group it's pretty much impossible to say, since how your group operates will matter more than just about anything else.
    silku likes this.
  8. Eshtoma Lorekeeper

9. Bighitz Augur

No matter support or class makeup monks wins and for all duration fights. A berserker will be handy at burning down a named though if you got a beastlord and bard in your group together with a shaman and provided that those have audiotriggers set up. If not. Go with the monk.

These things change though!, but right now you would want a monk and then a rogue and last but not least a berserker.

If you sometime want to raid you will see some eyecandy numbers on 1 min parses on your berserker provided you have raidgear and perfect support though, if you dont care about 1 minute in every 20 minute burn, then you should also play a monk later on.
  10. Slasher Augur

No its not because a group wizard will out dps anyone in group situations with or without support and no matter what gear the others have raid melee cannot out sustain a group wizard in group situations period even with a bard, shaman so if they cannot do it we already know group geared melee cannot.
    Bighitz likes this.
  11. Bighitz Augur

Yeah, when it comes to melee, monk is the choice for agrouper and thats by far. if you loook at the DPS output.

I would not even think of a berserker unless you want to raid you are gonna be underwhelmed with your powers.
    silku likes this.
  12. Phrett Augur

monks are this months flavor for easy group melee box dps
  13. Bardy Elder

I just leveled up my rogue and zerker to 100 with full raid gear. I have to say I am EXTREMELY unimpressed with their sustained dps. I think my SK can do more sustained dps than the zerker. When I last played my rogue years before, I remember smoking the other people in the group dps wise. Now I sit there and scratch my head wondering what happened to this class. I have few words for how lackluster I find zerkers. If you don't raid and care about 1 min of great dps, don't even look at the class. Monks seem fun, but they have like 50 buttons to press constantly and would be a nightmare to box.
  14. Slasher Augur

You're playing your zerker wrong obviously. Even without support your zerker should double your SK in sustained.
  15. Symbius Augur

So you are boxing these melee and then floored when the SK doubles them up? It is pointless to box a melee. None of them will be anywhere close to anything worthwhile if you aren't mashing buttons. I don't care which class it happens to be.
  16. oogolx Elder

Melee main focus. Other box needs to be secondary to see good numbers. Its why you see most melee classes accompanied by a box shaman
  17. frands481 Elder

personally i started playing a rogue. some nice melee dps plus tools to really avoid aggro and drop it. they are prefered for raids because of the amount of control they have over dps aggro. having that aggro control in groups means you can attack longer at a time without worrying so much about grabbing it off another class. that being said some say that they are only good for raiding but i'm personally not too sure. as someone said you cannot melee dps without pressing quite a few buttons so it's better to box something more automatic like a bard if you're boxing. people underestimate rogue purposes because the tricky parts of the class ramp up. lower level rogues are like little babies compared to the higher level ones. of course only a max level class can tell you where they end up and how they ramp and you should maybe seek out and ask level 100s with a ton of aas.
  18. Siwin Nonesuch Elder

I'm not sure what one is "Best" All depends on what content your doing. But I do know there are must have items reguardless. Lets say you are NOT a raider and don't raid and say your group is made up of all Pure Melee Monk, Zerker, Rogue and your tank is either a Pally, Warrior, Shadow Knight. I Stongly Suggest these as must have items. Lizardscale Plated Girdle
    And an item that has this Clicky on it Taelosian Guard. Now if you are a Rogue you could get this Camouflaged Band of the Glen Stalker for your overhaste item.
    In fact, any class that doe's there main damage output from Melee combat should have those two items. (If you raid you can probably get a better overhaste clicky though)
  19. Slasher Augur

Group over haste is not parseable. Think it was fatbuk who did the parses years ago on a zerker, but to make it short 8% overhaste did not show up in a 12 hr parse when comparing it to another 12 hr parse without it.
  20. Reilloc Lorekeeper

sad but true.