Best exp zone on Planes of Power & Legacy of Ykesha ?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Greendav, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Greendav Lorekeeper

Hey !

On 1st february, Phini will know some unlock expansion and a rise of max lvl to 65 with a lot of aa to do.
    Now my question is which will be best zone to go in order to exp (solo and gp) and if any key/flag will be requested to access on it !

Thanks for all :=)
  2. Astley Augur

Bastion of Thunder will probably be the most popular spot up until Elemental planes.
  3. CaptainSkeet Augur

At 65, BoT is usually the go-to spot, like GE was for Luclin. No flags are required after level 62. Now that Tactics only requires level 62, that may also be an option. I am not sure on Tower of Sol Ro requiring flags or not, but it's good xp as well, though a bit more difficult. As far as solo, I wouldn't recommend doing that anywhere in PoP unless you are a necro kiting in PoFire. Mobs have a lot more HP compared to older expansion mobs. But if you insist, then you can probably solo PoD and PoI if you are into that.

As far as best XP, that would be PoFire (requires lots of flags) at the second castle. It's tough and dependent on good gear, but it's hands down the best do that I know of in PoP. PoEarh is easier but not as good XP.
  4. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Plane of Valor was typically the easy mode/AFK style leveling zone. Either at the fiend cave or the upper plateau.

Bastion of Thunder was the more difficult but far better loot and comparable EXP zone. Actually required splitting some rooms and some level of effort.

Plane of Tactics pit was generally considered the best pre-Elemental planes EXP camp in PoP. Similar difficulty to BoT.

Plane of Fire was generally considered the best EXP for all of PoP. It basically requires you have all PoP raids done pre-EPs including Solusek Ro to access it. C2 trash mobs (level 68) gave about 10-12% of an AA solo at 65. In a full group it ended up being closer to 4-6% of an AA per kill.

Plane of Water was equivalent to PoFire actually as far as EXP goes but people are afraid of water so they avoid the zone like the plague.
  5. Daveed-Ragefire Journeyman

Have fun in PoJ. The level unlocks are going away on progression servers as of tomorrow patch. Flags will be needed for all the zones.
  6. Catashe Augur

the level requirements techincally were never in for Phinny.. it was mentioned long ago that you'd need to flag for PoP zones on Phinny.. I'm surprised they caved enough to allow the level requirement 3 months after PoP launch...

But back to the original posters intent.. Yea BoT was the go-to zone leveling in PoP.. Although with the whole mess that Plane of Storms will be.. I think Halls of Honor and Crypt of Decay might get some more love from XPers since Grummus and Aerin'Dar will be easy and a lot less of a headache to kill then the trainfest Plane of Storms will be
  7. Barzini Journeyman

Charm a war boar in PoTactics and go to town.
  8. Healbro Elder

I don't think PoFire can be beat. However like others have said it requires quite a bit of flag work. You won't be in there for a while unless you're in a raiding guild that's planning to hit progression hard. PoValor/Earth/BoT are a bit easier to get into and are pretty good xp.
  9. snailish Augur

LoY zones are good for the leveling crowd, assuming the Stonebrunt PoK stone is in it becomes an easy access compact place to do 20s-50s. Though I suspect GE still trumps the LoY zones aimed at the same level brackets.
  10. Tereil Elder

I remember doing PoStorms (froggies), BoT (allll of it, for a long time), PoValor, then PoFire. As flags came available, of course.

*edit* A whole tone of HoH as well.
  11. Bewts Augur

Charm one of the humanoids and give them two weapons. They'll quad for rediculous dmg and mow mobs down faster than you can find them in the pit.
  12. Bewts Augur

You have a few options:

Pre-55 it's hard to be PoD Umberbulks by the castle. Beware multiple harm touches, they can sink an undergeared puller / tank.
    46-52 an excellent spot is the Jail in PoJ before the flag dude. It's also an excellent spot for vendor trash and diamonds of all sorts.

Post access to Valor via flag or level, you're going to enjoy either the Fiend camp (go to inner, don't pull out onto grass) or alternatively the upper camps pulling golems, spiders and crawlers is excellent. Charm pets make these camps so much faster, although I think you'll need a 64 chanter to achieve charming a golem or fiend. Cave really only supports a single group, upper can support at least 3 (both sides of castle, and one at the gate to the dragon).

Storms is also excellent with a charmed frog pet. However, I always felt it was slow if more than a duo/trio were there; just too much distance between mobs.

Bastion of Thunder is excellent on many levels because there are named throughout each wing that drop ornate armor molds of each plate, chain and leather along with various items with focus effects. There's also minis that are typically tough without charm pets that drop molds and even better focus items and some weapons too. This zone should be busy as much if not more than Valor in a given day simply because the molds sell well.

Advancing to other level 62 zones, Crypt of Decay is EXCELLENT with an undead knight as a charm pet. There isn't much room for pets in the entrance foyer, but these pets can almost tank the Carpin cycle of their own which means you're going to chew up the trash in the hallways with ease. Trash also drops diamonds of all types making this a good farm spot.

A lesser but no less excellent option is the zone tree in halls of honor. Many an hour I spent kiting mobs around the tree for pet / ranged groups. Make sure you zone in invis!

Plane of Tactics Pit is an excellent option, perhaps the best XP option in the entire expansion. Although a charm pet is not required to take a corner of the pit, the magic of this zone is in charm pets in the pit. A boar is a excellent option for a pet, but a far superior pet is "a frenzied initiate". Give the pet two weapons and it quads for 550/swing and flurries incessantly.

There is a reason why charm gets nerfed hard in future expansions, and it has everything to do with the thematic magic I've shared above where charm pets turn XP returns on its head when used to its fullest extent.
  13. Hadesborne Augur

You guys can have POP for the most part. We necros will be in Veksar until we get our fire flags. Then it's PoF tables for us.
  14. Fearbolga New Member

Pretty sure Veksar wont be introduced until May 1, or LDoN release