best duo

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by krichton, May 4, 2013.

1. krichton Elder

best duo to hit up to t1 rof. sk and bard? sk and shammy? mage and bard? necro and bard? brief pro/con please.* also what mercs would go with them and why
  2. Kelefane Augur

The two classes that you enjoy playing the most. Its not so fun when others tell you what to play.

I prefer SK/Monk

Why?

Because those are my two favorite classes in the game. They dont really compliment each other. There is no synergy. I just love the classes and those are the two that I play :)

In the end, you play to have fun. So play the two classes that you enjoy the most and you'll enjoy the game more.
    Qest T. Silverclaw likes this.
  3. silku Augur

Enchanter/mage. Bard is great and all but a charming enchanter pet + mage pet, wiz merc and cleric merc can take most named up to and some in t3. Easy to box. Tash + malo increase, twincast aura, mana reverb and illusions of grandeur for burns.
  4. Fansy Augur

zerker
    zerker
    healer merc
    healer merc
  5. Wuttever Augur

I recommend a player tank with some other class. Bard is excellent. Shaman is great. Bard can pull so well, it's amazing.

Tank merc is a lost cause in the end game. Just don't even try. Healer and caster mercs all the way.

Else a pet duo. Mage and Necro, or two mages.

Enchanters are great, but they take some real skill to box properly if you want them to be charming, mezzing, debuffing, rooting, mem blurring, slow, and have the mobs all lines up. But then, Bard can do close to the same, and take real skill to keep it going if you try to use them well. Or either of them can just sit there and buff. Depends how you want to play them.
  6. Gragas Augur

Like the loading screen much?
  7. Recnarp Augur

2 clerics with healer mercs obviously.
  8. Oranges Augur

this makes no sense
  9. Mykaylla Augur

Not two rogues, two rogue mercs?
    Or all warriors!
    Candydare likes this.
  10. Kamea Augur

Pet tank: Mage + necro + wizard and cleric mercs

PC tank: Paladin + bard + wizard and cleric mercs

This would be the best balance of DPS and survivability, and assumes the characters are group geared. The mage + necro combo would be far more DPS, but a PC tank would be more versatile.
  11. Enizen Elder

Assuming you are open to any 2 classes:

SK + Shaman + Wiz+Cleric merc works well, slows everywere, snare, pulling and ok DPS, you will be pushing ALOT of buttons though
  12. Wuttever Augur

I don't like Feign Death pulling. I fall to the ground too much?

The trouble with having the tank do FD pulling is who is going to tank while you lay there trying to shed aggro from the other mobs?
  13. Wuttever Augur

Imagine getting the wizard merc to port you. And an SK/Bard team. Stupit merc won't port me, darn it.
  14. Enizen Elder

Death Peace, or use Hate's Attraction. Either way its been a LONG while since i needed to use FD to single pull in a high end zone, now its almost all tag, run watch pathing.

And you are failing you FD, which is why you fall to the ground, cast Endure cold to raise the skill.
  15. Wuttever Augur

I guess I just hate laying down on the job.

And I think I got confused about which board this is, and was thinking he was talking about lower levels.

First time I ever experienced FD pulling I played a warrior, and the monk pulled, and I tagged. So what levels is this thread about? Ah, the good ole' days...
  16. Enizen Elder

OP said t1 RoF, so I am assuming 92-97 ish
  17. Candydare Elder

Agree, best combo!
  18. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

He didn't say he was or wasn't boxing.

I like Enchanter and Druid as a duo played by two real people.

If you box an Enchanter, the Enchanter needs to be the primary box that you focus on and use the other class as the 2nd box. If you're boxing, Enchanter and Mage as suggested above is good because you can probably get more out of a Mage as a 2nd box than most other classes.

I have all the mercs and extra healer and tank mercs. Best way to spend SC is all the merc slots.
  19. Nylrem Augur

As has been said, play what you like best, you will enjoy it the most.

Personally, I love my magician/cleric combo and wouldn't trade either one of them for another equivalent geared/AA toon of any other class. I would guess most people feel that way about their characters, thus why we say, play what you like best. No matter what classes you choose, if you play them to their fullest, you will be able to accomplish just about everything you want in the group game, with the assistance of mercs or maybe 1 other person.
  20. Rouan Augur

Laurel and Hardy.