Best classes to add to 3-box?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by danielle504, Sep 5, 2019.

1. danielle504 New Member

I currently run a sk/enc/mag trio with mercs and am quite happy with it, but was interested in possibly expanding to box additional classes. That said, though, I don't want to go beyond f2p for any of them (or, at the very least, be able to drop back down to f2p after a brief subscription). What would you suggest for the best options to add to this trio or, in general, what classes perform best with the limitations of f2p?
  2. Brohg Augur

bard & dru, pretty obviously? are there others you were considering?
  3. Petalonyx Augur

Druid. Bard not bad either, but port to bind, evac, and a real healer will make life much easier in many circumstances.
  4. Suffer Lorekeeper

Bard is a great class for FTP. Epic, SoB clicky most everything you want a bard to be able to do it can as a FTP. Also you can put up an aura, /melody and tab out mostly. I never leave home without my bard lol
  5. Tucoh Augur

Druid by a mile. Bard would be just OK. Another mage or wizard would be good too, but druid is going to boost your capability the most.
  6. Whulfgar Augur

Mage mage..

They will increase your dps more then merely other then every so often due to synergy effects as well as dicho via 3 mages..

The plus side is you get 2 additional tank type pets or rogue type pets as well..

Of the many.. proc with 3 mages swarm pets and 3 mages pets.. would be sick..

Or you could add a bard and druid and only increase dps situationally once per how ever long the cool down is..

I'm the type of person that thinks adps is cool an all.. but as I've personally parsed.. in my own grp .. of war 4 zerkers and a shammy.. vs war 3 zerkers and a bard.. your overall grp dps goes up with 1 zerker added vs that bard.. it's all about that synergy plus dicho now days..

Until they decide that formula is no longer what they want.. it's always best dps wise to stack as many as possible of the same type in my opinion.
  7. Vumad Cape Wearer

It's always worth considering melody boxing a bard since you can just /melody and leave them in the camp giving them no attention otherwise.

Mercs are restricted to apprentice levels on FTP so you might want to do a little research on how happy you will be with them. I main a chanter and box a cleric and am far less than impressed with the J5 tank. The Clerics are a bit better though.

It might be worth doing SK, ENC, DRU w/ melody bard and 2 DPS mercs.

Or SK, ENC, MAG with 2 cleric mercs available when you need to take down a named. Another perk to the melody bard is you would have extra mercs to switch in and out of the group for if you want DPS or an extra healer for named.

Mage you get offtank and COH, druid you get a full healer and ports. It's up to you how you want to play really.